• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

Soviet

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2007
Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't know if it's the changes to the bloom, or the netcode or what but I am simply not making the long range pixel kills I was before the patch. I fact I emptied a whole clip on someone at medium-long range in Krykuvo. That simply doesn't happen with me, something is wrong.

Yep , i've experienced that too , it seems some hits that would usually be on target before , are sometimes (rarely) , not on target now . Well this is just an impression that could be totally wrong , i have no proof whatsoever and only someone in touch with the Devs can confirm or infirm .

If it's true though , i do not think it's a bad thing , i love bolts , but back then , not everyone had a brand new Mosin or K98 coming from the factory , some guns after some time and rough conditions/use or with poor maintenance could lose a bit of accuracy .

This said , maybe they should add occasional jamming to some SMG (MP41 , Ppsh ) , and also affect the semi-auto rifles to compensate , cause i didn't ntice any difference with them .

Upvote 0
Yes I've noticed it. I had an SVT on beach assault II and multiple time I unload clip after clip and still couldn't kill the guy when he should've been dead 14 times over. This was at pretty far range though so maybe the rifle accuracy has been tweaked. I didn't see anything in the changelog saying they made rifles slightly less accurate though so...I don't know.

Upvote 0
Yup, definitely lesser contact hits at distance with bolts.

Not a bad thing tho, provided all weapons are lessened to the same degree:D

The less accurate they get the more luck is involved..you start comparing luck rather than player skill if it goes too far (like CS or DOD). I noticed missing a few shots but it could just be post patch paranoia :D .. have to test more.

IMO bolts should always be at least 99% accurate and kill in 1 shot and scale the other gun's accuracy/recoil/damage based on their rate of fire and ammo capacity.

Upvote 0
There is definitely something very wrong. On the first day no less than 7 members of my squad all asked if the weapon accuracy had been changed, completely independently of each other. I noticed it first when I persistantly missed a stationary target at 30 metres range. I eventually got a kill with a shot that was a foot to the right of the target.

Later that same map (Kaukasus), Reddog killed me and exclaimed on Vent "I just fired at least a foot to the left of you mate and I killed you". As the night wore on, each person to log on and try the new patch was asking "what's wrong with the rifles?" within minutes of logging in.

Close range shots that used to be a cinch are now missing wildly with no explanation and long range pixel shooting is a nightmare. I'm emptying clip after clip for no result (and ordinarily I'm a crack shot). The only positive is that with all the rifles being crap, the MG's are having a field day.

Also, it's not the bloom. I turned that off straight away because it still makes medium/long range targets blurry and on snow maps, everything disappears in an insanely bright, white glow.

I've also held off posting this myself in case it just looked like a case of clan whining, but now that you're all posting about the same thing, it proves it's not just us.

Upvote 0
Nothing was changed with the rifles or the net code. It seems every patch there is one of these "something was changed that makes me suck now" posts. If you missed its either a lag spike or you just missed.

Personally i havent felt any changes to the rifles at all.
I still hit whatever i aim for, without any weird anomalies.
It's getting tiring to hear this kind of thing after every damn patch, while nothing has changed.

Upvote 0
Nothing was changed with the rifles or the net code. It seems every patch there is one of these "something was changed that makes me suck now" posts. If you missed its either a lag spike or you just missed.

Well somethings different Ramm, and it's not a postpatch whine.

Seen a few stationary targets in the open also that didn't register with dead on shots, these at ranges of 50 yrds or so.

When you miss you miss, however ego soothing a whine might be there's definitely something after changing somewhere.

From the posts thus far rifles seem to be affected, it might warrant more than a reflex reply.

Upvote 0
To elaborate on my previous post here's specifically what happened: Map was beach assault II, I was prone behind a hedge hog roughly in the center of the beach (the last hedgehog line before the barb wire barrier I think). There was a MG34 on the right side of the center bunker I believe (maybe the right one not sure) he way laying on the ground totally exposed. I emptied almost 3 full clips dead on him and nothing, couldn't kill him. I think my ping was around 200ish or so but against stationary targets I've never experienced that before even with far worse pings. So that's my account

Upvote 0
Predictable response.

Well I'm sure nothing was changed, but seeing as how there is also a thread asking people if they've experienced nades not killing enemies since the patch, maybe something inadvertently happened to the net code - as general as that sounds from my laymans view. I've had many situations where I was resting the rifle dead on a stationary target at less than medium distance, tip of leaf at center mass, less than a hundred ping, and miss. That isnt normal for the amount if times its happened. And no, I dont suck :D.

Upvote 0
Predictable response.

Well I'm sure nothing was changed, but seeing as how there is also a thread asking people if they've experienced nades not killing enemies since the patch, maybe something inadvertently happened to the net code - as general as that sounds from my laymans view. I've had many situations where I was resting the rifle dead on a stationary target at less than medium distance, tip of leaf at center mass, less than a hundred ping, and miss. That isnt normal for the amount if times its happened. And no, I dont suck :D.

It is a predictable response considering this placebo effect has happened about 10 updates in a row :)

Upvote 0