• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rewarding death

What about having different respawn times for each class?

I agree on many points in this topic, and I think we all agree that this issue is a hard one to solve. But when I read K Rohm's and Solo4114's posts, I got an idea.

Right now everyone spawns at the same rate on the map, 15 seconds, 10 seconds, whatever. But I started thinking, shouldn't classes like Sniper, Saper, and Squad Leader be more rare than other classes, and not just in numbers on the feild, but how quickly they can be replaced.

Somthing like this would surely give me more incentive to play a little bit more carefully when holding an important class.

I figure, instead of limiting the amount of lives, limit how quickly they can respawn. Does that sound like a viable solution?

(Please dont flame me!! My bones are like dry twigs!!) :p

Upvote 0
It occurred to me that the game rewards death. Especially commander death.
If the commander keeps dieing the team will always have plenty of smoke.
If the commander survives the whole round the team will be short on smoke.
The same applies to other classes in lesser degrees.

If my team is short of smoke and I can't get to a ammo box then the only solution is to run at the enemy so I can respawn with fresh nades.

Is there a solution to this?

Rewards death with the commander? Are you joking? You do know the commander counts as two standard infantry soldiers in the game? This means when you die as commander, you lose more reinforcements! Have fun running to the ammo cache btw lol

pfff if your out of smoke, make kills and you won't need it that bad ;)

Upvote 0
yea...I like that

>_>
<_<
reviving thread

Anyway, I have made a thread about having no hud but all the options that are given would be of more purpose if you lived longer, same with the nice reload animation I don't see often when I play it :\.

So what about it takes longer to get into IS with your weapon and more sway, but then of the small twitchy aim because the rifle weights too much and your muscles need to rest.

Upvote 0
why not have mutiple reinforcement percentages, one for the riflemen, one for the smgs, for the mgs, pioneers, antitanks, tankofficers, tankcrew and commanders.

agreed, suggested many times. And if sniper / MGer / commander killed he should not spawn again as sniper for at least 1 min (he just spawn as rifleman)

Also, limited weapon would be cool.

Upvote 0
Its much easier, and efficient to make it to a box and make it back... its FAST easy and simple.. and doesnt cut down on your reinf. count!

Fast, easy and simple? You do realise many maps lack ammo boxes in critical areas. Just look at Basovka for a start. As a German commander it's much easier to charge in and smoke and then charge in with the mp40 spraying. You give HUGELY needed cover to your team and may even manage to get into the trench line to assist capping.

From the gamers perspective in this example it's sheer stupidity to try and find an ammo box (is there even an ammo box around the German spawn on that map?). It's quicker, easier and more simple to die charging at the enemy than to try and find an ammo box.

I don't get this forum sometimes. You get threads with people complaining about the lack of fear of death and how people charge blindly towards the enemy positions. And you get different threads, often with the same people, complaining about too many people sitting back and sniping instead of capping objectives! Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways!

Upvote 0
And that's where I disagree. You won't change players' behavior. You'll just piss them off. If people are gonna run 'n' gun, they're gonna run 'n' gun whether it costs them 30 seconds of waiting or 3 seconds. If people are gonna sit back and plink away, it won't matter that they're doing it with limited lives/reinforcements or unlimited. They'll still plink away.

What would likely happen if someone made a mutator out of this idea (in some form or other) would be that the people who ALREADY play like this would play it, and the people who have no desire to play like this wouldn't. In other words, you wouldn't change people's behavior, you'd just change WHO is playing the game.

Upvote 0
Yes. As commanders (both tank commanders and squad leaders) count for 1.5x the capturing power of a regular soldier, they also count as 1.5x the reinforcements for purposes of losses.

Try playing a map with unrestricted tank commanders and then play that same map with nothing but tank drivers. Assuming roughly the same rate of dying, the team with all tank commanders will run out of reinforcements faster.

Upvote 0