• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Revs

I have changed the gear ratios, accelarations is slower but overall speed is higher.

What do I need to change to up the rev counter to something like upto 2500, 3000 etc. ?
This is great.

But you know what really is needed?

Currently, there is no loss of power when gears are shifted.

A normal single clutch (whether it's a wet or dry clutch) always looses power when you declutch and release again.
The only gearbox that doesn't loose power is a dual clutch transmission, like VW's DSG, BMW's DCT, Audi's S-Tronic, etc.

So could you please have the propulsion like, skip for like a second when gears are shifted?
At this point the revs should go down to the point where you need to change gears, and at one point suddenly increase again (where the clutch is released and the vehicle starts to accelerate again)

If you would do this, you are GOD! No more kittunz to kill! :D

No more Formula 1 tank racing anymore! :eek:

Upvote 0
I suppose I could make it spike when it changes gear some how?
It should only spike when shifting to lower gears.

What I ment was the drop of RPM when you release the accelerator pedal and use the clutch (due to having your engine decelerating because you aren't using the throttle)

Only when you release the clutch it kicks up a little because of the momentum of the tank, if the tank is moving.

When you use the accelerator pedal, the RPM rises and so does your speed.

The RPM does not only drop because you are going in to higher gear, but also because suddenly your engine is disconnected from the driveshaft and zero throttle. (or actually gearbox)

http://media.putfile.com/Hidden--Dangerous-2---gear-shifting

In this vid you can see the RPM going down, then suddenly it's 1000 RPM higher and starts rising from here on again.
Repeat after every gear shifting.

The only tanks that have some kind of sequential gearbox are the Tiger and Tiger II.
Here you pull a lever which does various things with one pull: declutch, up shift gear, clutch.
And you push it one time again to: declutch, applying a little bit of throttle (heel-toe like, without the brakes), down shift gear, clutch.

But even that doesn't work as instantaniously as in RO currently. The current tanks have like friggin' DSG/S-tronic gearboxes! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0