• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

reverse defend/attack serverside

BlackLabel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
so...

since many campaign threads pop up what can be concluded is that reversing sides spices things up alot ( oh and please give satchels to germans on "kessel" )

Why not have the servers like 2fj and the russian comm server "3" switch the startingpoints after one rotation ?

Is tthat even possible serversided outside of campaign ?

And if so..why dont you folks try that ?

And if not...why issent it possible ?

:IS2:

Some of us are talking about two different things here.

1. Switching sided- Instead off allies attacking on apartments it would then be the germans

2. Switching the whole attacking/deffending on a map-Instead of germans defending on Redoctoberfactory they start attacking from the back of the last cap.

Upvote 0
2. Switching the whole attacking/deffending on a map-Instead of germans defending on Redoctoberfactory they start attacking from the back of the last cap.

Oh man that's a great idea.

I always liked "mirror mode" in Mario Kart. The map is (mostly) the same, but you're turned 180 degrees at the starting line. It would pretty much double the number of maps we have. Maybe TWI could run some of them on the beta server just to see which maps are fun and which ones don't work.

Upvote 0
Just force people to switch factions is the most obvious and simple solution. People who play this game are crazy though so German players forced to play as the Russians would probably all leave the server.

I do like sometimes having a team have a second chance to improve or a defending chance an opportunity to adapt. But if you are trying to determine who is the superior team than the only fair solution is to just swap factions at round change.

Upvote 0
plus especialy in campaign mode. See... battlegrounds like mamayev or grainelelevator where heavly contested and switched sides sometimes on a daily basis. To refelect that in campaign mode this might be the option to "solve" ( and open a whole new intresting can of worms, like, how to make maps NOT mirrored but intresting from booth sides...;) , tho it needs to be defind under what condition, either the sides, OR the starting sectors are mirrored. But that should be easy enough to solve... ) some of the issues campaign has with running out of stock maps too soon . ( given the serveradmins dont put customs in..and damm.. the univermag map should be in any "stalingrad campaign" setting ALLWAYS.

we are on to something...:):D

thanks akb ! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just force people to switch factions is the most obvious and simple solution. People who play this game are crazy though so German players forced to play as the Russians would probably all leave the server.

I do like sometimes having a team have a second chance to improve or a defending chance an opportunity to adapt. But if you are trying to determine who is the superior team than the only fair solution is to just swap factions at round change.
no thank you. :(

Upvote 0
Oh man that's a great idea.

I always liked "mirror mode" in Mario Kart. The map is (mostly) the same, but you're turned 180 degrees at the starting line. It would pretty much double the number of maps we have. Maybe TWI could run some of them on the beta server just to see which maps are fun and which ones don't work.
It would be pretty unbalanced (and I guess only 1/10 would work) but I'm up for the testing :p

Upvote 0

It would work alright on a few maps. Of course some tweaking to spawn locations would have to change but for the most part I think it would play out nicely.

I've had this idea for some time now. It would work best(easiest to implement) if done for the Count Down game mode.

Upvote 0