• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Respawn as the mother shark after death in Dead horse. Progression locked

Artemyce

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 22, 2020
Hi,
I started to play this mornig and reached the dead horse lake. I died to an alligator while doing the radioactive fishes quest and respawned as the mother from the tutorial. I can't access to the evolution menu anymore, It gave me a quest to destroy 3 boats and to meet with Pete but they're behind a gate requiring an ancient shark to destroy. Dying again didn't allow me to continue as the young shark.

I can't progress in the game anymore. It's quite frustrating...

I tried to make a new game and to erase my saved files but i encountered the same bug when i died.

I'm playing on a xbox one X and the game was updated.

Thanks.

At my first death, i respawned in the grotto i visited as the mother shark. A quest appears asking me to destroy 3 boats and meet Pete and the evolution tab is locked. Every death after that made me respawn in the grotto as the mother shark.

I tried to make a new game and just like previously, at my first death, i respawned in the grotto i visited before as the mother shark. Same quest, same problem.

I died from an alligator in my first game and from suicide in the second one.

I hope there will be a solution soon.

Upvote 0
Hi, I think I am having the same issue. I have Xbox One X and playing the game via disc now updated to version 1.0.6.0.

I am not sure where it went wrong precisely but I was hunting some alligators in Fawtick Bayou and I recall dying during one of the hunts 'What's the Crocodily, Yo?' and 'See You Later, Alligator'. I then bumped into the Elder gate and gained the quest 'Meet Pete' and warned to defeat 3 hunter boats which was a little after the Evolution tutorial at the first grotto. During the Evolution tutorial I equipped the Tiger skin to see what it looked like but I un-equipped it.

I didn't really take any notice to this at first and continued playing the game up to Dead Horse Lake. I was just eating lots of random animals and going around collecting the caches assuming I was levelling up and growing. I got to the 2nd grotto where I realised that I cannot access the Evolution tab and still had no sign of the hunter boats this quest was referring to. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to progress with Infamy either.

It wasn't until I read this post that I discovered the shark in my game is now the mother shark (has harpoon in side).

Current list of quests
IMG_6055JPG.jpg

Meet Pete quest location and details
IMG_6046JPG.jpg IMG_6051JPG.jpg

Current location and Objectives
IMG_6047JPG.jpg IMG_6049JPG.jpg

Missing Evolution tab and 0 Infamy progress
IMG_6048JPG.jpg IMG_6052JPG.jpg

Mother Shark in Grotto with Defeat 3 Hunter Boaters message
IMG_6054JPG.jpg IMG_6053JPG.jpg

Upvote 0