• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance buff suggestion: Increased likelihood of getting targeted

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    The biggest pet peeve I have as a Berserker is the lack of an aggro mechanic in the game, as if zed targeting is merely just a random number generator. While this RNG can lead to some hilarious situations such as a Fleshpound standing perfectly still as he eats a full pulverizer mag (Can't path to target), the much more likely scenario would be for large zeds to casually walk past the zerker before resuming their enraged sprint towards whatever target was randomly selected.

I also know that Resistance is often much worse than Parry unless you're lagging so horribly that parrying is outright impossible. Maybe this would be a welcome change?

Resistance: Gain 20% resistance to all damage. Gain an additional 20% resistance to Poison and Sonic Damage. You are also more likely to get targeted

RNG modifier
    Depending on number of players in a server, the Berserker will count as 1 player for solo/2 players, 2 for 3 player games, 3 for 4-5 player games and 4 for 6-player games, altering the Berserker's chances of getting targeted. This is the current probability of a Berserker getting targeted
    Number of playersChance of getting targeted
    1100%
    250%
    333.34%
    425%
    520%
    616.67%
    As more people join the server, the Berserker's chances of being able to tank large zeds decreases drastically. My suggestion for RNG tampering would help the Zerker have a better chance of getting targeted by large zeds.
    Number of PlayersRedundant RNG entriesChance of getting targetedEveryone else's chances of being a target
    10100%N/A
    2050%50%
    3150%25%
    4250%16.67%
    5242.86%14.29%
    6344.44%11.11%
    Definitely not a guarantee that the Zerker will tank every Scrake and Fleshpound he sees, though my suggestion would make sure that he's much more likely to get targeted by those zeds than the Demolitionist or Sharpshooter hiding behind everyone else.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Aze