• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible".

Downloading the new version as we speak.

Too bad their updates were slow, and their initial release hardly had any content. These two things killed the mod.

Too bad, because it really had a lot of potential.

Edit:

Just played it. They took away a lot of features from the Alpha, and both servers had unplayable lag.

Oh well...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks great and these guys have put a lot of work into their project. The huge installation file proves it.

Kudos to these guys for their efforts, however from a gamers point of view here comes my opinion:

Weapon handling is horrible, i feel like i am playing a drunk solider swaying around.

They should loose the free aim iron sights, why would anyone wish to play like this? It takes to long to deploy full sights, completely ruins the flow of the gameplay and turns it into a clunky mess.

It feels like the game is based on the weapon handling rather than a solid combat experience.

Upvote 0
It looks great and these guys have put a lot of work into their project. The huge installation file proves it.

Kudos to these guys for their efforts, however from a gamers point of view here comes my opinion:

Weapon handling is horrible, i feel like i am playing a drunk solider swaying around.

They should loose the free aim iron sights, why would anyone wish to play like this? It takes to long to deploy full sights, completely ruins the flow of the gameplay and turns it into a clunky mess.

It feels like the game is based on the weapon handling rather than a solid combat experience.

i havn't played this new build yet but i did play alpha plenty.
rather than having the wheel mouse for stages of IS i think they should give an option to bind keys instead - one for each type of raised ironsight - then ppl could chose how they want to handle the weapon.

Upvote 0
i havn't played this new build yet but i did play alpha plenty.
rather than having the wheel mouse for stages of IS i think they should give an option to bind keys instead - one for each type of raised ironsight - then ppl could chose how they want to handle the weapon.

They changed that system (changelog hooray!)

But free aim in ironsights is a no-go for me in any game.

Upvote 0
It does give something to players.
You can pull down your weapon slightly offering you a better view of your surroundings, allowing you to 'quick-draw' when you spot a tango.
Basically it allows you to look over your weapon without lowering your weapon to a less ready state.

And next to that i think it's fairly realistic in modeling aiming time, since most shooters require around 3 seconds to fire off an accurate shot, simulated in ArmA by adjusting your free-aiming ironsights.
I couldnt play ArmA 2 in any other way now, thats how used to it i am.

Upvote 0
The Alpha was actually a lot better for whatever reason. The game stutters along now compared to the smooth flow it had before. Mantling and climbing is buggier and you can actually get stuck in objects you're attempting to climb over. The weapon handling is terrible now. I liked the mousewheel scroll to switch sight modes.

And how can you not like free-aim iron sights? I rarely use the full sights honestly. You can aim so much quicker and it's a must for close quarters.

Upvote 0
The Alpha was actually a lot better for whatever reason. The game stutters along now compared to the smooth flow it had before. Mantling and climbing is buggier and you can actually get stuck in objects you're attempting to climb over. The weapon handling is terrible now. I liked the mousewheel scroll to switch sight modes.

And how can you not like free-aim iron sights? I rarely use the full sights honestly. You can aim so much quicker and it's a must for close quarters.

Free-aim in ironsights =/= shouldered mode.

Upvote 0
The damn weapon switch glitches are still there. Those are the most common for me and I would guess a lot of others. Them being 1.) When you spawn and are unable to aim all the way, you have to switch weapons and switch back to fix that and 2.) When you can't switch weapons at all. It just plays the put away animation then brings out the weapon you're holding again. They happen quite a bit actually and really ruin it for me.

Upvote 0
While they've pumped in a lot of content, the game itself feels much clunkier then the alpha. Movement is brutal and the weapons handling is rotten. Not sure whats up with the head movement but it feels like my sprite has charged into combat after guzzling some ether or something. Fear and Loathing in Normandy? On the plus I really enjoyed the maps and the sounds, adds a lot to the atmosphere, combined with the occasional flair of teamwork, the mod can be enjoyable at times. Looking froward to future releases. :)

Upvote 0
i think it feels ok - its a 1.4 now and i played a lot of alpha.
Prefer the ironsights - it's a bit like a 2 stage i would like to see for HoS, where your lift and then hold for a zoom - only you dont raise quick enough to stage 1 for my liking.

my only real problem is the snormandy setting - if it was ostfront it could have more interesting and varied locales, and a better weapon match-up with bolts vs bolts.

but hey, it attracts a lot of US players who seem to prop the mod up and if that's why, so be it.

I know a lot of ppl knock this mod but as a total game conversion its a skilled effort - like RO was - and it is fun to play.

Upvote 0