• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible".

Looks like it could be interesting, even though i've had more than my fill of D-Day games.. it would be nice to see a different front honestly.. but i'll certainly keep my eye on this one.

Im worried about the Source engine though, its not my idea of a good multiplay engine, i have no doubt a good dedicated team can pull off realism on the engine, if they really want to, but the net code and hit-box system is.. its bad.

Upvote 0
Lionel-RIchie said:
Hour long respawn? That doesn't sound very fun : /

There's a line between realism and fun :p

Once you die and realize that you waited an hour to play again, it will sure make you play a lot smarter the second time around, won't it? Maybe next time you'll want to survive to play throughout most of the round so you'll maybe stay with your team, and always use cover.

The fear in dieing isn't the pain itself in dieing in the game, it's the pain of waiting again for such a long time to play, which is about as close to "actual death" in a shooter you can get.

For some people, it's fun playing hour long rounds. It makes them feel like they are in an actual combat operation.

Upvote 0
I see people trolling then reporting posts when someone responds. This is not kindergarten. I do realize it is the intraweb and some people take that a little too serious. I think we could all stand to grow up a bit. Calling someone a moron is just as uncalled for as baiting them into calling you that.

I hope we can agree to disagree and drop the attitudes. I have not been one to give vacations but the more my inbox is flooded with reported posts, I see no other way.

Whether you are tired or just feel the need to argue, do it somewhere else or just go to bed and post in the morning.

Upvote 0
Well, at least I'm smart enough to understand RO and its limits :rolleyes:
What I also understand is science and that you cannot judge intelligence by posts on a forum (especially not if that post was a simple misread ).

I think your ideas are plain stupid, but I'd never say to you that you are a moron. And that's simply because I don't know you, but after what I read I'm pretty sure that you are just a spoiled little brat.

And now go play CSS or BF2.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
http://resistanceandliberation.com/

• No crosshair
  • Weight and intertia added to weaponry
  • Full balistics added to weaponry
  • No HUD
  • No death messages
  • Revised score display
  • An advanced damage system
It appears they have 3 firing positions, hip, ironsights and shoulder(!!!!). Awesome.

seen it before back with infiltration there hasnt been any real progress really the last few years in realistic games.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
My main ***** about this mod and a couple other ones for source, THEY AREN'T OUT!

My whole reason for buying HL2 was for the mods and I am very impatient. I hope the amount of time it is taking for release on Source mods produces a polished end result.

I agree...I just played HL-2 all the way through a week or two ago, and Episode I...I'm still waiting to see something new and massive with this Source engine.

Upvote 0
Why do they charge for 'mods' aswell, that's really annoying. I don't mind if it's like DoD where it was on the HL1 engine for free, THEN went retail, THEN went source, so people knew what to expect

But The ship was free on HL1, but now it's retail on source without an HL2 demo, oi oi, who'd you think you are.

I'd disagree with myself if they had a Source mod first, or FREE weekend before going on sale, but first release to retail? A bit hit and miss aint it, especially for people who don't **** out a paycheck each week.

I hope some really good mods are free, I don't really want to be paying money for a mod i've never played first before buying. I understand it's damn hard making mods and people expect alot and you have to set Rel dates but What if I buy a mod and it's not what's expected, Thats a case of the odearables!

Upvote 0