• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible".

Wut, everyone still uses irc. What exactly would make irc obsolete :confused:

How many is everyone? I don't know a single person that even uses it. There really is no point when you have Steam and Vent/TS/Mumble. Plus, most people don't want to be bothered using that program.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad program. But if you are in a gaming community, good lucky in trying to get anyone to download the program and then walk them through it.

As far and RnL goes, I just find the HL2 engine uninspiring and such a resource hog for such an older engine. The biggest turn-off for me is the 32 player cap; the minimum I expect from any game now days is 64 players. Then their is the problem with the new dev team saying publicly they don't want to make realistic game, giving me the impression they want an Insurgency version of RnL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
3D voice is the best realistic feature in RnL, and it is the most important one for such a game =). I personally think I get a more realistic feeling while playing RnL compared to RO.

i dunno if they sorted it, but i tested the voice radius and found it to be far to wide.
I know you can't make a whisper 'work' in voip, but any noise you made could be heard by enemies a long distance away, rendering the system somewhat useless.
A goodidea might be the addition of a whisper button, either in conjuction with or as an alternative to your main voip function - which dramatically reduces the listening radius so your teammates have to be literally within spitting distance.

Phaps adding to this, your 'whisper' could be heard by the other side ( if close enough) as a pre-recorded inaudible mumble of voice.

i liked the idea of the RnL system, but i think it could be refined.

Upvote 0
Has been a huge influx of players lately, so if you are interested now is the time to have it a go as you can always find at least one active server (I think).

That's quite strange, Im not sure where they are all coming from. I had given it up for "dead" again

I feel bad about not playing it much anymore, I hope valve sponsors a steam download for them :p It really is one of the highest quality source mods (despite the bugs)

Upvote 0