• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible".

Not so sure about that. Server have been full quite a lot lately, although last 10 days seems to have been quite dull. Just a month ago there were a full server every day. But ofcourse they should have worked on a fast 1.6 to adress the server crashes and major map bugs, that would have kept more people playing ^^.
Well even I was under the impression that development had pretty much stopped on the game. I and I was a beta testing leader for the RnL team for about 3 years straight.

1.5 was a major turn off for me, do to the multi-fire bug and really glitching weapon animation bugs. Hopefully these things have been addressed in the new version.

Upvote 0
Well they got rid of the beta testers with the release of beta 1.0 ^^.
Lol don't even get me started on the beta testing for that game... I was there since a year before Alpha 1, and by the time the beta rolled around, things were quite dysfunctional ...

I imagine that they had some major changes in their dev team in order to release a new version, which is a good thing. Before, stuff just wasn't getting done and priorities were really messed up. I'll definitely download this when it comes out to see what changes they've made. The mod always was a lot of fun with the right people.

Upvote 0
Yep and it's a good release. Still lots of ugly bugs, but at least they fixed most of the really game breaking ones that prevented me from enjoying 1.5 at all.

I remember when you and FedEx pope were frequent forum posters on the RnL forums.

Having said that, I, too, was a huge fanboy of the mod. Then I found out the HL2 engine is antiquated and can't deliver those things we gamers now want from games: larger maps, more amenities and increased player count in MP.

Upvote 0
I remember when you and FedEx pope were frequent forum posters on the RnL forums.

Having said that, I, too, was a huge fanboy of the mod. Then I found out the HL2 engine is antiquated and can't deliver those things we gamers now want from games: larger maps, more amenities and increased player count in MP.
Yep I used to spend tons of time there. The best days were back in 2005 when everyone had so much optimism about the mod as an infantry sim ... so many crazy ideas were thrown around the forums then!

Upvote 0
Well after playing it, here's my impressions:

-Clunky as hell, both controls and animations (player models running looks HILARIOUS). Throwing a grenade through a window was damn near impossible. (though in RO it's almost too easy)
-Seems to lack ballistics
-Great atmosphere
-Nice sounds + tracers etc.
-Big fan of the positional audio
-Bugggggyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I've fired a few rifles IRL and it felt about 10x harder to aim in RnL then it did in RL ;).

With Ro2 coming out I see no reason to play this unfortunately :p.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well after playing it, here's my impressions:

-Clunky as hell, both controls and animations (player models running looks HILARIOUS). Throwing a grenade through a window was damn near impossible. (though in RO it's almost too easy)
-Seems to lack ballistics
-Great atmosphere
-Nice sounds + tracers etc.
-Big fan of the positional audio
-Bugggggyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I've fired a few rifles IRL and it felt about 10x harder to aim in RnL then it did in RL ;).

With Ro2 coming out I see no reason to play this unfortunately :p.

The problem is there is no reason to play any other game once RO2 comes out

Upvote 0
I just don't get WHY it's so clunky??? I mean... how does one consciously make the control scheme so terrible?

Granted I know nothing about video game programming/design etc.

The atmosphere is definitely enough to make this worth playing occasionally though despite my earlier comments... still, HOS is around the corner so... ;).

Upvote 0