• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible".

Personally i am not so wild about the movement speed, imho it is way to fast.
They state in the forums that they increased the speed on behalf of the "testers" which makes me wince and asking myself if the "testers" are a bunch of teenage CS-players.
I still have high hopes for the mod because they seem to implement some interesting things!
Yeah, I thought so too. Even if it turns out to be a mere testbed for new features I'll try it though.

Upvote 0
They state in the forums that they increased the speed on behalf of the "testers" which makes me wince and asking myself if the "testers" are a bunch of teenage CS-players.
I still have high hopes for the mod because they seem to implement some interesting things!
On behalf of the testing team for Resistance and Liberation, I wish to thank you for your utterly kind and thoughtful comments! I look forward to conversing with you in a civilized manner in the future!

/end sarcasm

But seriously, the player speeds, just like any feature in any mod, are always subject to change. I was just in a server the other day and it seemed as if the prone movement speed had been reduced, due to comments from the community and testers offering suggestions. Just because it is in a media update, doesn't mean it's set in stone. Isn't that kind of the whole point of games in development? They develop?

I find it humorous yet frustrating when people blame testers for something they don't like in a game. These are always the same people who complain that game developers don't listen to players enough... so it's a double standard. It's very disconcerting to be attacked for no reason by some random person who hasn't played the game, and moreover knows absolutely nothing about the people they flame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a former tester I assure you, those are good people who know realism, and some are on this forum right now...be careful.

Upvote 0
On behalf of the testing team for Resistance and Liberation, I wish to thank you for your utterly kind and thoughtful comments! I look forward to conversing with you in a civilized manner in the future!

/end sarcasm

But seriously, the player speeds, just like any feature in any mod, are always subject to change. I was just in a server the other day and it seemed as if the prone movement speed had been reduced, due to comments from the community and testers offering suggestions. Just because it is in a media update, doesn't mean it's set in stone. Isn't that kind of the whole point of games in development? They develop?

I find it humorous yet frustrating when people blame testers for something they don't like in a game. These are always the same people who complain that game developers don't listen to players enough... so it's a double standard. It's very disconcerting to be attacked for no reason by some random person who hasn't played the game, and moreover knows absolutely nothing about the people they flame.

OK, Easy buddy, If you read his post he says that they might have increased the movement speed for the testers, He didn't curse the mod to hell for having a fast movement speed, he was just kidding around. :D

that Teenager comment was a JOKE, I don't think he meant it. (cause we all know CS players are a little jumpy) :p

Upvote 0
There's gonna be public beta testing on the Orange Box release and the beta will start this Saturday. Now this is a beta for the up and coming OB release so lets keep our opinions and thoughts sensible because for me and a lot of other gamers the more realistic WWII games/mods the better esp. mods.

http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/News[url]http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/News[/URL]

Some of the changes that have been posted over the last few months.

YouTube - Game Mechanics

YouTube - Carentan and Majoris

YouTube - Carbine - Quick Peak

YouTube - La Fiere

Oi Shadars I just read the your last comment in this thread yae cheeky bawbag :D :).

Upvote 0
You're very welcome Pile :p

I looks very good, I especially like the loose/tight ironsight modes, that's a great (and still realistic) idea. I often find myself leaning closer to the screen in IS to aim better, now at least you can avoid straining your neck :) maybe an idea for the DH devs...

My major problem with Source mods has always been character movement, for some reason Valve are the only ones getting this right, in all mods players just seem to "float" or "ice skate" than actually walk or run, it looks really stupid and ruins it for me. RO has got it down perfectly so it looks realistic so I guess I'm spoiled by that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0