• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Resident Evil 1 Mansion Story (mission) final

After what the tripware made the objective mod so this map has stop working... lots of zombies behave differently i mean opening the door should not be opened, GO pointers shows somewhere should not show at all and the Patriarch freezes behind the fence instead of passing through the tunnel... what can i do with that map?

Upvote 0
I love this map!
I was going to add suggestions but after reading through it looks like you fixed the ones I was going to mention. I'm just going to download the new version and try my best to complete it. Good job. This is by far one of my favorite KF maps! :D

Is this still true? I don't really play KF anymore so I wasn't aware

I hit some problems making V2 I would need to make some comprimises if I were to finish it. But if the doors and stuff don't work anymore then it could be beyond me to make work again.. Can anyone confirm if Lightcaster's issue is still there?

Upvote 0
If v2 was ever made, your gonna need to make it for objective mode now since KFgametype mission maps like these never work during the events...which is why this Xmas event is the most boring'est one with nothing new added and...

- these old mission maps being broken due to normal zeds unable to read their models.

(The ones lightcaster seems to see are still present and here are a few others that i know)

- Cut scenes kill players...then they get pissed off.

- Guns tend to not work at all and the player is stuck with only using that unusable weapon. But i think its more of a server to client problem.

- the door in the statue/LAR room...it locks players in the corner...then they complain and sometimes, they dont bother doing anything until they get bored and leave.

- The 2nd floor door to the left (opposite of the 2 doors on the right) of the main room sometimes would not open.

- The basement tunnel's dead bodys has terrible collisions and the tend to ack as a wall or something to jump over.

- The Husk spawing in the basement needs to be fixed or removed. They can telefrag you but this rarly happends since the players are always moving.

- The Piano doorway from the-basement-to-the-3rd-Crest can kill people if you stand under it. Sometimes the piano doesnt move and a player dies.

- Objective mode did miss the map a bit with telling the GO signs to appear off time. The most noticable one is the sign in the fireplace room (the door in the room where you get the 3rd Crest) tells players to head out the door thats takes players back to the start of part 2. Which then leads too...

- The whole players left behind thing.

- During the grenade toss-at-walls (final mission before patty) part, if there is or only medics, there gonna have a hard time or not even at all beat that part since those medinades fail 99% of the time while the the Firebugs's grenade is like 30%.

- Patty does sometimes gets confused and would take his sweet *** time coming to get us...or even go all the way to the other side of the house and enter from their! One time in a pub server, we found him staring at the corner like the guy from blair witch, ready for his death at the 3rd weapons room area.

[Insert best cheesy helicopter ending ever!]

- The ending indeed needs a new change. Sometimes players dont understand the concept of map voting and because of this, i will enrage fleshpounds to kill off the rest of the players.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for taking the trouble to write that list. I don't know if I can or will address it, I don't even know what the Objective Mode is yet. But thankyou nonetheless
It was nothing, these are the most of the things i remember while playing this map.
(Yes i play on this map a lot during the norms on Killing Floor)

Alex made a tutorial for the mode
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=93610
It would be great if you remake it, Objective mode is currently a bust and needs more attention.

Upvote 0
I remember why V2 never got finished now. Every Christmas I have some time to work on it but for a long time story has no zeds during events, as previously stated by people. So I can't actually test the map, and then I lose interest. Been doing a bit this week without testing and it is basically close to finished.

After xmas event is over I would like to put it on my steam workshop for testing (don't have anything setup there yet, I will post here when I do). Naturally a lot of balance changes and fixes will be needed once testing begins, so its still a long way off really. Especially with the low level of interest/priority I'm giving it.

It always makes me sad to think how much work I did in V2 only for it to never see the light of day, so I really hope it can pick up some momentum this time.

Upvote 0
Objective mode 'done'

Objective mode 'done'

I didn't want to make any more promises.. but Objective mode of this map is done. Just in time to get in before KF2 I guess. I haven't put it on my workshop or links up just quite yet, as I want some multiplayer tests done. There may be some tweaks before I do a final release. If anyone can help me out jump on with me at my server, its called "Resident*Evil*Mansion*NEW*OBJ*MODE". Filter by Objective Mode in game browser to find it easier. I'm in Australia so obviously not everyone will be able to get playable latency.
Ip address, at least for now, is 120.29.38.160

[edit] bah I'm not so good with hosting a server. Maybe someone with a successful server can try out the map and hopefully give feedback. Required files can be downloaded here. Let me know if any errors.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=40074844976954471235

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't get out of the chaingun... I think this is the reason why Fel removed it from the objective version of OUATIM.

If players are just gonna wait till the door opens, you should add a progression bar to at lease notify player's whats happening. You could also add a destination point instead of just "GO" signs plaster on the walls.

Missions should be rename as some may confuse people.

Im not sure how you set up your zeds, but its seems to be more then it should be (playing solo) for only 1 player to handle since i get that low frame rates, zeds start spinning around thing.

I didnt get to finish cause i need some sleep :p

Upvote 0
Thanks. Yeah the chaingun is annoying you have to face all the way left or right to get out. Didn't realise it was taken out of the other map. I figured it out after a minute but maybe one of the characters could say something to anticipate someone getting stuck. It doesn't use all the classes that come with obj mode ie spawning does not scale for num players. Too fundamental for me to change; spawns are among the most time consuming elements of the total work. So it kind of caters to a good team rather than soloing, and why I need it on an active server or two. Destination Points and feedback as to when the next area will open are good ideas but more time and testing I'm not really willing to put in. People figured it out in the original version and not much has changed.

I original thought KFO-RE1-Mansion-Story-V2, then I realised I could shorten it being the first obj mode of this map. I'm open to suggestions. I'm aware that other people have done remakes of my map so I'm not sure what name would clearly identify this as the latest? Or did you mean the names of the objectives which get a bit repetitive like 'find the crests'... 'only 3 crests left'... 'find more crests' etc?

P.S your last feedback was pretty much all addressed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[continued from the discussion on workshop]
The map is meant to be won by a team of expertienced who communicate closely, probably on teamspeak, who understand the roles of their class, and even still they gonna lose a few times while they learn each 'what not to do' on the map. Its going to be frustrating, but when they finally win its going to be very satisfying.

I ought to explain the patty modification for the benefit of everyone. So I played Killing Floor when the only powerful weapons were Hunting Shotgun and LAW. Patty was challening. We would only win a small % of the time, and it was all because of the weapons. You used to have to think about having cover constantly for his machine gun fire. Putting 2% of weld on a door just to slow him down a moment so you can run. Return fire every chance you got, mostly when pat was picking on someone else. The fight would draw on and on, and he would always get all his heals in, because players could not defeat him fast enough to stop him. And you could rarely stun him where he drops to his knees, meaning he actually fought back the whole time. If you did win, it was never with more than a few players left.

Nowadays, you just drop pipes, everyone unloads 1 or two clips of the top gun of their class, and then easy win. I've seen this on every skill level. Instead of Patty been the hardest wave he is the easiest. Noone has respect for patty anymore. You don't, think about it. You aren't scared of him, he is just a big piece of meat to absorb your AA12 and then he dies.

And on my map, you have all the guns, all the biggest ones at Patty time, including pipes. I want you to abuse that, because I know people will anyway. Also, I expect HoE quality players to be bouncing back to Normal or at best, Hard. Which means regular patty would have been an anticlimatic push over, twice as easy as what these players are used to. So I've made it like the old times. You are actually going to have to run from where you first encounter patty, you can't hold your ground there. Main Hall is the best place to fight, I think. You can dodge a lot of his gunfire and his melee attacks using those pillars. I only vamped up his health, not his attack power. Its going to be a long fight where everyone has to pull their weight, and if you don't have skills to dodge his attacks you are going to die before the end. Well most people will probably die anyway. And the map offers no real reward for winning, other than the satisfcation that you killed that super boss.

As for pipes Tripwire capped the damage that they can do when in a big stack. They did this years ago because patty would insta-die from a pipe pile. Put down a few at each corner patty is going to turn and you will get better value for your ammo.

Upvote 0
Honestly the only issue with the map on Hell on Earth was the nade puzzle near the end. You can run out of nades and your run is over.

If you were to make a new version of the game, the only change I'd think would improve the map is a nade pickup that can actually respawn because some of the throws (especially the last one) are pretty much luck-based without practice.

Also, running from the patriarch is for scrubs.

Upvote 0
wow anyone who gets that far on HoE is out of my league, I take my hat off to that and love that you appreciate the challenge I set out to make, rather than complaining that your team died. But you guys failed to notice you can use the orca launcher for the puzzle area, and I give you two of them. On the other hand if such a good team (you weren't cheating?) couldn't figure that out, it probably isn't obvious enough. Respawning nades is not going to help because it is an undroppable weapon; you pick it up once and you cannot pick it up again. I could put more ammo boxes there though. And a tip off regarding the orca. On solo there seemed beyond plentiful ammo boxes there, but I played it in a squad now and we were down to melee weapons and healing darts at the end.

I want to do a tweaked version with these changes:
1) fix for helping players get to Main Hall in time on wave 5 and with the opportunity to save the armor/ammo for later during that sequence
2) more ammo in wave 6 puzzle area, and a few couple of other tweaks to ammo where players have found there's a little more than needed or not quite enough
3) dramatically reduced patriarch health; admittedly I went overboard with him. He will still be significantly buffed from usual, so my previous comments about strategy still apply imo.
4) fixing a bug where if a certain thing is done in a certain place, the map breaks. Not saying how for obvious reasons.

Any other change requests?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But you guys failed to notice you can use the orca launcher for the puzzle area, and I give you two of them.
We played the version of the map from back when it was whitelisted (and not KFO). I'll see if people are up to playing the February version as it seems like my take on the map is out of date at this point.

As for your other questions, I'll see what I think once I've replayed it.

Upvote 0
KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2 released

KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2 released

I didn't want to do multiple releases of the KFO version but a few tweaks were neccessary. The workshop page has been updated to link to the new file. Full change log reposted below in case anyone cares a hoot lol.

V2 changes. These changes are mostly about balance, but don't worry I haven't made the map much easier.

1) fix for helping players get to Main Hall in time on wave 5 and with the opportunity to save the armor/ammo for later during that sequence
2) more ammo in wave 6 puzzle area, and a few other tweaks to weapons and ammo where players have found there's a little more than needed or not quite enough
3) halved the patriarch health; admittedly I went overboard with him. He will still be really freakin hard, but hopefully no longer impossible. So my previous comments about strategy still apply imo.
4) fixed a bug where if a certain thing is done in a certain place, the map breaks. Not saying how for obvious reasons.
5) jazzed up the final fighting sequence of wave 3 which I thought was a bit bland, its now going to be more challenging there.
6) misc spawn timing and balance tweaks.
7) aesthetic changes in various parts where you can see out windows (the aesthetics suffer from fake backdrops which are due to dividing into zones which is to give you good optimisation/framerate). There is also a cool new texture in wave2 see who can spot it.

Upvote 0
I added this map abit ago, 4 people joined my server, and it just spams these errors(there's alot):
Warning: FA_spawnpoint KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2.FA_spawnpoint6 (Function Fall_TriggerPack.FA_spawnpoint.Create:005E) Accessed None 'newb'
Warning: FA_spawnpoint KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2.FA_spawnpoint6 (Function Fall_TriggerPack.FA_spawnpoint.Create:0066) Attempt to assign variable through None
Error: FA_Spawner KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2.FA_Spawner5 (Function Fall_TriggerPack.FA_Spawner.Spawning.nextSpot:0013) Accessed array 'Spots' out of bounds (2/2)

Upvote 0