• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Resident Evil 1 Mansion Story (mission) final

I loved this map at first, but then you play it, then you play it, then you play it, it gets whored so much, plus if im honest, I'm let down by it the more I played it, I noticed more and more things that were wrong with it.

The only issue I will say, I can't stand how it ends, I think its a poor way to end the map, you get noobs that just keep playing on and on for no reason at all, do they think something else will happen? I dont know, but the end is poor for me, the story its self aint half bad, but it could be improved and I'm sad to see its a final release really.

Reactions: Demon_333 and Fel
Upvote 0
Hunter, fair criticism. Its not going to get better in any of those regards really. This wasn't a funded project or an official mod or even a mod at all, just a map that I worked on during spare time (my partner may disagree).

If people have replayed to the point where it has become whoring to run through it then I'll take that as a compliment. I only hoped to make something for legacy Resident Evil fans, and to create a map that people wouldn't just stand in a room and camp in. I mean that still happens, but at least you are forced to go to a new room sometimes :)

The replay value could be fixed by a new version I started work on using Falidells trigger pack and basically I got wave 1 finished with the same "go here, go there" format but with the enemies having a lot of randomness to them. Random to the point where you basically would not know what or where to expect. But when I say wave 1 was 'finished', it wasn't even tested with > 1 person and balance is one of the biggest time sinks in a project like this.

So tbh I can't see myself putting in the huge amount of time required to complete the V2. I could possibly be convinced if a large number of people were to ask for it, as I weigh up the value of doing the work against how many people are going to play it and whether I will want to play it (pretty bored of KF by now lol).

All in all I'm happy with the version that is out. The ending was never going to be made any better. I put in a cutscene to say you won and show the helicopter move away and a list of thanks, followed by a survival mode which I would remove now given the chance since it has become a whoring exercise. I don't have the skills or time to make some sweet full motion video or something, and besides I pride this map on being a fast 3mb (compressed) download for people who download in-game.

Other than removing the survival thing (originally designed to 'definitely kill' all players since the map couldn't properly end with an odd number of 6 waves - but I screwed up because I didn't close the trader door and then thought it was a nice 'feature'), the only thing I would like to change NOW is the LAW in basement since this bugs the map if people use it (just don't use it..). I don't want to do that and call the map -FINAL or -V2 which is confusing to people. But if someone really wants that LAW gone, take it out yourself, rebuild the map, call it 'RE1-Mansion-Story-NoLAW' and post link here, and I will move it to post #1.

What I am likely to still do is officially release the wave based version as final. It is held up as there seems to be no solution to an elevator abuse problem I have at the moment.

Upvote 0
It is held up as there seems to be no solution to an elevator abuse problem I have at the moment.

check out how i do the elevator in Peak.. Ita a 1 way elevator but people who are behind can still use the elevator to get to where the players are....UN-SPAMABLE

If you have a 2 way Ele use the disable script command so it cant spam

BTTW, since you say it takes forever to test gameplay..... All you have to do is Solo on God mode with Arsenal and run around with the AA12. Thats what i do... takes 1-2 times through each section of the wave to test gameplay. If you get way too over run then its too hard.

LOL what the...? You could say that about ANY map. Why do you play BioticsLab over and over do you think something new will come up?

Hes talking about the end game... how there is no victory command. Should have used the script in the chaingun Mod.... VICTORY True

but doesnt Falidel have that command now in is scriptset?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL what the...? You could say that about ANY map. Why do you play BioticsLab over and over do you think something new will come up?

What Fel said :D

Hunter, fair criticism.

Hey man, I have nothing but love for you, you made a dream come true, RE is one of my top games, it was awesome to have this map made, and the criticisms I give don't reflect my true feelings, through no fault of your own did the map grind on me, that was just the server I was playing on at the time, as for the people playing on and on, apart from, yeah have the trader door close, again thats down to them ruining the experience.

Don't get me wrong bud, I love the map, its only the odd tweak here and there, its not a major remake, but yeah If i were you, I'd leave it too, its made, people enjoy it, its all gravy.

Reactions: Demon_333
Upvote 0
Hi there, just wanted to say what a great map youve created, as an RE fan i greatly appreciate this, and the hive.

I didnt see a true thread for the Racoon City Aiport so i figured id post here.

ive come across a game breaking bug which happened online, and also single player. It happens when you just come out of the lift around the administration area. There is a bloat behind a door, and you shoot it and the game shuts itself down. I have the error code here;

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2528 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics (2202)
Assertion failed: inst->KPhysRootIndex != INDEX_NONE && inst->KPhysLastIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:.\KSkeletal.cpp] [Line: 595]
History: KInitSkeletonKarma <- KInitActorKarma <- AActor::setPhysics <- UObject::processEvent <- (BrainDeadBloat KF-RaccoonInternationalAirportMP.BrainDeadBloat, Function KFmod.KFMonster.PlayDying) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-RaccoonInternationalAirport MP V.3 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Anyway, I just wanted to say that i love your maps, ive read the hive version 3 thread, and im looking forward to it. Also, may I suggest and RPD map, similar to the mansion, but you can take bits from the hive maps like the laboratory and sewers, do the train station near the Dead Factory in RE3. Just a thought anyway.

greatly appreciate your work. If ever you need any research or pictures and so forth, im happy to help as ive never mapped or coded in my life!

Oh and another thought; After your map, have you thought about doing some Skins to match with the maps? Just generic UBCS or USS skins.

Upvote 0
Anyway, I just wanted to say that i love your maps, ive read the hive version 3 thread, and im looking forward to it. Also, may I suggest and RPD map, similar to the mansion, but you can take bits from the hive maps like the laboratory and sewers, do the train station near the Dead Factory in RE3. Just a thought anyway.

The Hive was made by err... Kicker I think. And this one by Driftwood.

Upvote 0
Killing Floor-RE1-Mansion-Story Glitch

Killing Floor-RE1-Mansion-Story Glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU43FIzbMBYKilling Floor-RE1-Mansion-Story Glitch - YouTube

Very good map! It justs needs alot of work to be done on it.

Saje"s Channnel: http://www.youtube.com/SajeOne[url]http://www.youtube.com/SajeOne[/URL]

Where to download this map: http://kfmapdb.com/local--files/map:re1-mansion-story/KF-RE1-Mansion-Story.zip[url]http://kfmapdb.com/local--files/map:re1-mansion-story/KF-RE1-Mansion-Story.zip[/URL]

Upvote 0
IDK why but mostly everytime I finnish RE1 Mansion Story on any difficulty online and/or solo I get an error while the cutscene with helicopter.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2616 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (9610)

HUDKillingFloor KF-RE1-Mansion-Story.HUDKillingFloor (Function Engine.HUD.GetFontSizeIndex:00A6) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

Historia: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-RE1-Mansion-Story.HUDKillingFloor, Function KFmod.HUDKillingFloor.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Resident Evil 1 Mansion - Story <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
IDK why but mostly everytime I finnish RE1 Mansion Story on any difficulty online and/or solo I get an error while the cutscene with helicopter.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2616 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (9610)

HUDKillingFloor KF-RE1-Mansion-Story.HUDKillingFloor (Function Engine.HUD.GetFontSizeIndex:00A6) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

Historia: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-RE1-Mansion-Story.HUDKillingFloor, Function KFmod.HUDKillingFloor.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Resident Evil 1 Mansion - Story <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

It's with the script- apparently a action doesn't end and tries to start up 1000000 times. I've never gotten that error on that map, but I've seen it on KF-NachtDerUntoten.

Upvote 0
Time for a revamp

Time for a revamp

I've started work on a V2 of the map, mostly just to breathe new life into it with the new weapons. I count 20 officially released weapons not previously on the map :eek:

As such I am now taking suggestions on what else to change/fix while I'm at it. I don't want to do anything too radical as I don't have access to the testing resources I had 3 years ago, and I want this little project wrapped up and re-released QUICKLY.

So please no out-there suggestions like "can you make a RE2 mode" or "make a tyrant boss" or anything that's outside of the scope of what the map already does.

Improvements so far:
-20 new weapons from the MAC10 to the DLC weapons: scythe, buzzsaw, tommygun. And all other official weapons included
-rethinking of ammo, I posted a thread about scripts in main level design forum about it
-Possible inclusion of a new Wave1 with random spawns using Fallidel's trigger pack. I wanted to rework the whole map a couple of years ago but only got through wave 1, so may include it if the scripting implications don't cause dramas.
-Fix: removed LAW in basement
-Fix: blocked off trader entrance when patty killed, the 'survivor' ending oughta get people killed now surely.
-Removing some of the story text that goes on a bit too long or I just don't find funny anymore.

[edit] Also if anyone knows much about errors like the one in the post above mine ^, do share as right now I have no idea how to fix, though I know a lot of users have had it. Well I could probably remove all cutscenes but this would make me a sad panda. [/edit]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
a new V2 ???

a new V2 ???

i think it is awesome that you are going to revamp this map with a V2. The edits that you have so far sound great, but I would like to suggest one that seems to have been forgotten. During the cinema sequences, I can see disembodied arms floating in the air that are moving around. They look like my character's arms and move whenever I slide the mouse around. I can provide screenies of it if needed in case it is an isolated incident. I never read anywhere in the forums of other people saying that they are experiencing the same issue. Other than that, keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to the next release.

Upvote 0