• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resetting KF2 perks

Kolyash

Apr 25, 2015
Hello there.
I did something that I am not proud of, and that would be statpadding, or whatever you call it. In other words, I simply played on a map decided to pump my perk levels up to 25 sky high. I only did that to see what the perks would do, but I want to get that level the actual way - fight my way up there. So is there a possibility to reset my perks or my stats?

Bloody hell, somebody replied! Well, I guess I'll have to find out.
And I don't care if there's no way back. Judgement calls.

Here is how Yoshiro said to do it in KF1:

(NOTE: you will need to figure out which .ini is used for KF2 to do this).

To intentionally reset stats:

You open the killing floor .ini and add

[Engine.SteamStatsAndAchievementsBase]
bResetStats=true

then save and exit, start up to be sure everything is reset, close the game. Reopen Killing floor.ini

Remove
bResetStats=true

Save .ini

Your stats are reset! Stat progression should now work as normal from 0-6 again. Be sure to remove the stat reset line, or I don't think it'll save progression. This also removes achievements."

Upvote 0
Here is how Yoshiro said to do it in KF1:

(NOTE: you will need to figure out which .ini is used for KF2 to do this).

To intentionally reset stats:

You open the killing floor .ini and add

bResetStats=true

then save and exit, start up to be sure everything is reset, close the game. Reopen Killing floor.ini

Remove
bResetStats=true

Save .ini

Your stats are reset! Stat progression should now work as normal from 0-6 again. Be sure to remove the stat reset line, or I don't think it'll save progression. This also removes achievements."

Thanks gov'na. It worked. I only had to add that line in the KFGameStats.ini

Upvote 0