• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release ReserveSlots mutator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
Download: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1121820&postcount=23

I've started a project for a mutator to allow admins to reserve slots for players. The project will be open source and anybody is welcome to view and modify the code.

The repo link will be added as soon as I have created the repo.

Edit:
Here is the repo link https://82.169.110.143:8443/svn/ReservedSlots/trunk. If you want read/write access, then please PM me and I will add an account.

I've setup a guest account for those that want to peek.
Username: guest
No password required!

Last edited:
Reactions: mgbosshogg
I got a working version ready. The SVN sources have been updated and binary added.

Feel free to test it!

The binary can be loaded here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1121820&postcount=23

The ReservedSlots.u file goes into the cookedpcserver folder on your server and both .ini files into the config folder on your server.

The ini file looks like:
Code:
[ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots]
bEnableLogging=false
bLogPlayerNameVsUniqueIdOnConnect=true
FriendlyKickReason="Server full. No free public slots."
NumberOfReservedSlots=10
bAllowReconnect=true
ReconnectGraceTime=600.0
bWelcomePrivilegedPlayers=true
PrivilegedPlayerWelcomeMessage="Please welcome one of our privileged players '<PlayerName>' on our server."
PrivilegedMessageBroadcastDelay=10.0
ClanTag=
MemberNames=
UniqueMemberIds=
  • bEnableLogging
    If set to true, then extra debug info will be written to the servers log file.
    Default: false
  • FriendlyKickReason
    A message that the connecting player will see if access to the server is denied because all public slots are taken and he isn't a privileged member.
    Default: "Server full. No free public slots."
  • NumberOfReservedSlots
    The number of reserved slots.
    Default: 6
  • ClanTag
    A possible clan tag. If you have a clan server, then you can give players rights to take a reserved slot if the ClanTag does match the players clan tag (should be at start of player name).
    This solution is not secure, because anybody can add the clan tag in front of his player name. The next 2 options are more secure.
    Example:
    Code:
    ClanTag="~{W|L}~"
  • MemberNames
    Player names of people that may join your server. The name has to be an exact match with the player name as it is set in his steam account.
    Multiple player names can be added by adding new lines. For example:
    Code:
    MemberNames="~{W|L}~Ducky"
    MemberNames="CantKillAnybody"
    This option is more secure than the ClanTag option, but less secure than the next one.
  • UniqueMemberIds
    Same as MemberNames, but in this case the unique steam id is used. This id can be found in the servers log files and copied to this list. The format of the ID must be in hexadecimal notation (same as used in web-admin tool).
    Example:
    Code:
    UniqueMemberIds=0x011000010842EAFF
    UniqueMemberIds=0x01100000F045EA76
    This option is the most secure option, because the id's are unique and it will still work if the player changes his name.
  • bLogPlayerNameVsUniqueIdOnConnect
    Will log player name and unique id in the server log file as soon as a player connects. This will make it easier for a server admin to retrieve a players unique id and add it to the UniqueMemberIds property.
    Default: true (enabled)
  • bAllowReconnect
    Allows a public player to reconnect to a server within the same round even if there are no more public slots available. A time limit for the reconnect can be set with property ReconnectGraceTime to prevent that a player can reconnect after being away too long.
    Default: true (enabled)
  • ReconnectGraceTime
    A grace time where in a disconnected public player is allowed to reconnect without losing his public slot. This property only has effect if property bAllowReconnect is true.
    A value of 0.0 will make an infinite grace time.
    Default: 600.0 (600 seconds)
  • bWelcomePrivilegedPlayers
    If true, and a privileged player joins, then a welcome message will be pushed to all clients (as a chat message) to welcome the privileged player. The message itself can be set with PrivilegedPlayerWelcomeMessage.
    Default: true
  • PrivilegedPlayerWelcomeMessage
    Template for the welcome message that will be pushed to all clients if a privileged player joins. You can use <PlayerName> in the message to be substituted by the name of the privileged player. The message will only appear if bWelcomePrivilegedPlayers is set to true and if the delay specified with PrivilegedMessageBroadcastDelay is elapsed.
    Default: "Please welcome one of our privileged players '<PlayerName>' on our server."
  • PrivilegedMessageBroadcastDelay
    Delay between privileged player spawn and appearance of the welcome message. If set to zero, then the message might be displayed while the player is still not yet fully spawned.
    Default: 10.0
Note for admins:
This is not yet a white-listed mutator. Server will be unranked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good work Ducky, but isn't it about time that whoever is organising these forums gave us a proper section where Beta or Final Mod/Map/Mutator releases could be found.
The same as the old forums where we have a Final Mod/Map/Mutator release section and a beta release section.
If you hadn't posted in the general discussion section it would have remained buried in Coding where nobody would see it.

Upvote 0
Good work Ducky, but isn't it about time that whoever is organising these forums gave us a proper section where Beta or Final Mod/Map/Mutator releases could be found.
The same as the old forums where we have a Final Mod/Map/Mutator release section and a beta release section.
If you hadn't posted in the general discussion section it would have remained buried in Coding where nobody would see it.

I agree with that. It's hard to publish stuff on this coding forum board. It's a bit too quiet here.

Upvote 0

I actually pm'd yoshiro asking for this a week or two ago - heard nothing back though.

Great work Ducky :)

Upvote 0
Was tested on our server yesterday and all was working fine.

This should be white listed a.s.a.p.

Thank you Ducky!

Your welcome!

Though I did found a bug in the welcome messages. I did solve it already and as of now (Feb 20, 2012 - 14:40 GMT) a new release is available. The download link can be found in the 5th post of this thread.

Edit:
If you already did install the previous version (revision 11), then you only need to update the ReservedSlots.u file. The ini files can be left alone.
Those that have a version from revision 9 up to (and including) 10 should update all files.
Your current revision can be found in the log files of your server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.