• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Required Update for Servers and Clients

We have just pushed live an update that fixes an exploit and addresses the blurry textures on Stalingrad Kessel.

Update should weigh in about 400 megs for clients.

Does this update only fix that texture in Stalingrad Kessel or any map using that same texture?

There are more maps, stock and custom who have blurry materials. In Bataan I changed a rocktexture to solve this, but many walls in Coldsteel and assets in stockmaps still had blurry materials.

Do I need to brew Bataan again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On Stalingrad Kessel this time around. We plan to push out updates to the other maps over time but didn't want to drop 2 gigs on players all at once.

I leave it like it is now, but do they need a new brew. But on a second note a map with custom materials
end up blurry is doomed. Or is there a work around ? Aah wait nevermind the best work around is to do
nothing at all. Have grey hair enough by now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I... But on a second note a map with custom materials end up blurry is doomed. Or is there a work around ?...

Set the Mip Gen Settings for the base Texture_Properties to TMGS_NoMipmaps. The material using the texture will always be sharp, even at a distance, which may not be a good thing. Changing the LODGroup should also work, yet doesn't for me.

Upvote 0
Set the Mip Gen Settings for the base Texture_Properties to TMGS_NoMipmaps. The material using the texture will always be sharp, even at a distance, which may not be a good thing.

That did the job. As it was only a minor material and I already changed the rock material for Bataan I won't brew the map with this solution. But its good to know for people with the same issue and custom materials.

Changing the LODGroup should also work, yet doesn't for me.

No that did not work for me either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0