• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Request] Swedish Army m/1945B SMG

Haineko

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Hi there.

I, as I believe many with me, feel that while there are a lot of awesome weapons in the game, there are not a lot to choose from.
Personally, being a Swefag, I would like for the addition of the Carl Gustaf m/1945B.
The gun itself would deal the same damage per round as the 9mm, a fire rate 600 rounds/sec (easily balanced out with price and weight restrictions if it proves too hard hitting), a mag size of 36 rounds, a somewhat large spread, but lower than the MAC-10 as the MAC-10 does not weight as much as the m/45 thus making recoil become heavier while the weight of the m/45 absorbs more.

If someone can give me some tips on what kind of animation programs i could try and what would be easiest for a complete newbie (except for some fooling around in Rhino) to make rough sketches with :)

Carl Gustaf M/1945B:
kp_m45.jpg

The color scheme i would personally want, with a little wear and tear.

kp_m45b1.jpg

Catcher bag for empty shell casings. A feature that could be added for te lulz.

250px-Soldier_with_Carl_Gustaf_SMG_DA-SN-83-09169.JPEG

American soldier holding the m/45 in a typical but wrong way.

kpist45apartw.jpg

Field stripping of the weapon itself.

So, any seasoned animators that want to help can tell me where I can find a good, working program that is easy to use for beginners would be of great help. Or maybe even helping me model this ;D

Cheers

Haineko :IS2:

now I could animate that for you, no problem, I just need a model and texture, or UV'ed model., I'd suggest starting with MAX, it's really easy, I would say Maya but it's more for professional work, if you want to get into this stuff or into a job, I'd suggest using Maya, more developers are beginning to switch to it, lots of people would disagree with Me here but I think MAX has better Animation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do everything with maya, i just like the interface more, you have a better overview. I think there is still a PLE version of Maya. The personal learing edition has all features no time limit. The only thing is all rendered images have watermarks. But I dont know if this exists for the newer versions (2008-2011)

Upvote 0
Are you saying it should be held like a handgun?

I'm _asking_ if it's held like that. A Pistol and your supporting hand is on the back stock thing.

It makes no sense to me eather but how the **** else do you hold it?

Edit: OH I GET IT. He's hip shooting it, you're supposed to shoulder it like anything else. Durrrrrrr. I thought they meant the hand positions were wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To reply to all of you asking what the whole "wrong" thing is. Its not the hip shooting and it is, in fact, the mag hes holding thats wrong. The left hand (for right "hand" shooters) should go further up so that the index finger is put around the "bulge" infront of the magazine.

Got me info from ex-military, which includes my father who served with this weapon :)
I will try to make it out to the shooting range and see if i can get some shooting with it done to see how it reacts to ful auto fire and semi auto.

EDIT: Can also take a few pictures of how it's supposed to be held :)

Upvote 0
To reply to all of you asking what the whole "wrong" thing is. Its not the hip shooting and it is, in fact, the mag hes holding thats wrong. The left hand (for right "hand" shooters) should go further up so that the index finger is put around the "bulge" infront of the magazine.

Got me info from ex-military, which includes my father who served with this weapon :)
I will try to make it out to the shooting range and see if i can get some shooting with it done to see how it reacts to ful auto fire and semi auto.

EDIT: Can also take a few pictures of how it's supposed to be held :)

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0