• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Request] Slug shotgun

Ok so I made it a little more fun and added some nice kickback but keeping the weapon power around the same as for normal shotgun. Well actually I think it might be weaker atm but I can edit the stats later.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/clipboard01ebb.jpg/

Spoiler!

Not sure if you can see the image without loggin in so theres the link aswell.

Thats just a screenie of 2 clots flying, tried to make a vid but that damned live movie maker is horrid and I have to get rid of it.

Its only in a pickup-form now so Id have to figure out how to turn it into a mutator so someone can use it on a server if they wish.

Upvote 0
So basically you want it to be exactly like normal shotgun except with near-zero spread and some changes in the ammo/cost? I made this and its not that different from the normal shotgun, do you want the kickback to be modifed so they really go flying?
You are a god among men. It should be fine as-is, but ragdolls are ragdolls.

If you could shoot the mutator my way, that would be awesome.

Upvote 0
You are a god among men. It should be fine as-is, but ragdolls are ragdolls.

If you could shoot the mutator my way, that would be awesome.

So you want the bare version without any knockback or the over-the-top version I made with huge knockback lol?

Also like I said I will have to figure out how to turn this into an actual mutator, atm its just a weapon pickup you have to place in a map. Altho if you know how achieve this then I suppose I can give the code I used. I mean, I can prolly figure it out pretty quickly but Ive never done it before so it takes a while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll take the over-the-top version. If you've ever played on my fun server (links in sig if you're wondering) it's like a zombie version of "everything but the kitchen sink". The crazier, the better.

And, sure, I'll look at the code. I can ask around, from people like the IJC team or whatever, how to add the weapon in. I assume simply putting it in serverpackages and the custom shop doesn't fly, right?

Upvote 0
Actually now that you mentioned the custom shop mutator, yeah it should work with that I just didnt think of it earlier because Ive never used it before :p

So heres the files you need: Click Here!

So when you include it in the shop list use "WeaponForSale=Slugshotgun.SlugShotgunPickup" without the quotation marks of course. And add the files in server packages so they get downloaded to clients like you said.

It fires only 1 pellet and has near zero spread because for some reason it didnt work very well with any other settings o_O, but I increased the damage so it should do around as much damage as 7 shotgun pellets normally do, altho I kinda threw it there randomy so it might be weaker. I can make it stronger if necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm. So I toyed around with the files a bit, and arrived at the effect I want. Basically, each shot fires 7 pellets with 35 damage (same as standard shotgun), but the spread is only 10, so it's like one big streak of death coming out of the muzzle. I'm also toying with the penetration and damage attenuation, but that's neither here nor there.

What I'm wondering is how to change around ammo so it doesn't munch on the ammo of the stock pump shotgun. I assume I make a new ammo class?

Upvote 0
Why would you want to change the ammo type? It doesnt affect anything as far as I know and you cant see it anywhere? Or have I missed something...

You should probably look up the ShotgunAmmoPickup and copy/paste the code and make a new SlugShotgunAmmoPickup class. You might have to edit some of the SlugShotgun code too to replace the ammo class, cant remember where it calls for it but Im sure youll find it.

And Im not sure what the superammo does, havent looked into it.

Upvote 0
Why would you want to change the ammo type? It doesnt affect anything as far as I know and you cant see it anywhere? Or have I missed something...

You should probably look up the ShotgunAmmoPickup and copy/paste the code and make a new SlugShotgunAmmoPickup class. You might have to edit some of the SlugShotgun code too to replace the ammo class, cant remember where it calls for it but Im sure youll find it.

And Im not sure what the superammo does, havent looked into it.

I think the reason he wants to separate it into different ammo types is for 2 reasons.

1) it is a completely different shotgun in that it shoots longer distance and less spread instead of shorter distance higher spread.

AND

2) if they share the same ammo you would only be buying one set of ammo in the shop and if you use ammo for regular pump shotty you are using the ammo for the slug shotty.

And example of 2) would be that say the slug shotty had 48 total shots while the pump shotty has 62 total shots. If a support is carrying both of these with the same ammo and he fires 31 shots with the pump shotty, that's half the ammo for it. But you hit bugs with it and it actually uses 31 slug shots too. Gartkeys medishotty runs into this problem. If you're a support and carry both the pump shotty and the medishotty when you buy ammo at the trader for either it fills both and when you use ammo for either it's taking away from the other.

Hope that is the reason why he's wanting this and that it helps explain it.

Btw the reason the moss 12 doesn't have this problem is because they gave it it's own special/independent ammo pickup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah. I basically copied some code over from the Moss12 and now the weapon have their separate ammo pools.

Now I'm trying to see if I can convert the MOss12 into the slug shotgun, but rename it so people who use the Moss12-S don't run into file mismatches when playing on a regular Moss12. Also aiming to fix the discrepency between the start-off wieght and the weight if you buy it from the trader.

As for the Moss12-S, compiling isn't being so nice to me. Errors, errors everywhere.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Just had to rename a few things. Hmm. Now I have to figure out how to emulate what Hate did and make some comical ragdolls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0