• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Request for HEDGEROW MESHES

nymets1104

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2012
USA
With the Heroes of the West Mod in development and an entirely new portion of the world available for Custom Map Design. I would love to know if anyone has any pre made Meshes of Hedges, Thick bushes or Hedgerows (even Vineyard Meshes). As I am VERY new to mapping, I have not found anything in the SDK that would suffice for these objects. If anyone has any ideas or would be willing to provide this to the community I would love to hear.

PS..
Can Meshes from RO1 (Like Darkest Hour Hedgerows) be brought into the RO2 SDK?

PS..
Can Meshes from RO1 (Like Darkest Hour Hedgerows) be brought into the RO2 SDK?

Yes they can, actually. It's a bit of a complicated process though. It involves extracting from the RO1/DH packages using UE viewer, importing it into 3DS Max with the ActorX importer and then exporting it again into a mesh that's importable into the RO2 SDK.

Also, the scale of the meshes is different between RO1/2, so that needs to be taken into account.

Upvote 0
Take a look at the vegetation meshes in the RS packages. They have a ENV_ RS prefix in the browser. It'll take multiple tries to get them all loaded just like the RO packages. There are a bunch of bush meshes in there that should work pretty well.

OK I will look at those, I have eliminated them from this first map I am working on, but will look at trying to incorporate them in the next one.

Upvote 0