• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Request - Brutal Killing Floor pretty please?!

Valken

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
So after I unlocked Steampunk Mrs Foster, I jumped into a few other games such as ARMA 3 beta while waiting for the Summer Event to be over, since I missed playing on larger custom servers such as WPCs' servers and The Dedicated which I normally would visit.

In anycase, I found and jumped back into good old online Doom/Doom2 with the Brutal Doom mod! What a freaking awesome experience that is! It feels a LOT like an old school 2.5D version of Killing Floor but instead of wave based, it would be objective or finish the map based.

Brutal Doom Version 19 Trailer - YouTube

Multiplayer coop - check
Iron Sight aiming - check
Gets harder and harder - check
Incredible amount of custom hellspawns - check
Ultragore for every enemy and player model... nothing has surpassed this yet...

There is also a mod (Samsara) that allows crossover characters in doom such as Quake Ranger, Duke Nukem, Strife, BJ Blaskowitz from Wolfenstein and etc... which makes it feel a lot like KF with all the different player models.

Samsara - B.J. Blazkowicz in the Large Hell Collider - YouTube

I know there is a Doom / Doom 2 mod out there for KF but would it be possible to port Brutal Doom over to KF or even better, up the ante and produce a BRUTAL KF pack?!?! Ultra gore mode with the new objective maps would be totally awesome.

Sorry, I don't know squat about modding but maybe someone would consider it. Marco? Gartley?

I'm just saying a Brutal Aliens or Deadspace KF may even be more incredible and fitting in the KF universe.

Last edited:
I second this. A Brutal KF mod would be AWESOME. Especially on the Doom 2 maps. I too have been playing Ultimate Doom with the Brutal Doom mod and its so much fun with all the gore. Sure, Killing Floor has a little bit of gore (mostly when you get headshots), but it can always use more gore. Wish I knew how to do mods or I would make it myself.

Upvote 0
I think KF has enough gore :p

Gore comes in different ways and shape!

"Dead Island" do gore rather well!

Both KF and Dead Island have satisfying kills, but the gore is more varied and advanced in Dead Island, which helps to further satisfy kills.

Like In Dead Island Riptide - the stung un is just so hilarious to see and watch. I can stungun zombies for ever... - yes, it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After playing Brutal Doom, KF feels a bit "tame" ... :D

I think KF really needs to get back to its roots with the grittier feel of the zeds such as Half-Dead's replacement skin pack.

The ultra gore and incredible detailed gib system just adds something to the game that nothing else can, not even a ton of new weapons can.

If the devs are worried about resources, such as ram, use pixels, or voxels with shader elements just like Brutal Doom. You can scale that up incredibly with no impact on any modern system.

3D models and hires textures may overload current systems, but voxels are relatively cheap resource wise. I just don't know if UE can support voxels. It would incredible if the game engine can thread the voxels off the main thread.

If not KF now, please consider it for KF2!

Upvote 0
More gore will make the game adult only 18+ in most countries.
(My copy of KF Gold surprisingly says 15+)

This is not a big issue, but more blood and guts might cause problems for players with older systems, but if an option to turn these effect on or off is added, then i see no problem.

I would like to see Left 4 Dead kind of effects for blade weapons.

Upvote 0
More gore will make the game adult only 18+ in most countries.
(My copy of KF Gold surprisingly says 15+)

This is not a big issue, but more blood and guts might cause problems for players with older systems, but if an option to turn these effect on or off is added, then i see no problem.

I would like to see Left 4 Dead kind of effects for blade weapons.

who even respects the age limits anyways

Upvote 0
An optional mod pack can do away with the ratings system.

Servers admins can toggle the settings on and off, for gore or performance reasons.

I also fail to why gamers would allow children to play KF anyways... There is already so much S&M type outfits so why not violence in games? Yet it is the exact opposite in movies? Why?

For the gamers who play and request such games, MOST are mature enough to deal with the special effects anyway. It would be like saying the opening beach assault scene of the "Saving Private Ryan" movie would be restricted for under 18+ audience when in fact, as long they are accompanied by an adult, and mature enough to handle it, it should be ok.

The main point is the maturity part. There are also tons of adults who cannot handle it.

I think Oz would have a hard time with the a gore mod pack, but the rest of the world should be able to handle it.

I suggest the devs and modders play a few rounds of brutal doom in coop to really see all the effects and the overall game experience.

Upvote 0
who even respects the age limits anyways

Many different people from different countries, of different religious views and political affiliations.

Specially when something bad happens and all hell breaks loose and people start the blame game, blaming guns, blaming movies, blaming video games, blaming the society, blaming religions, blaming politics, and you know how it goes...

So KF might loose some lower aged players, but i guess most of us are adults, right?

Upvote 0
The mod/addon request would be optional, so those who don't want it, would not see it.

Those who do, can enable it.

Also, if you're new to KF, not a player from the original UT2K4 mod version, you would not have known KF was a lot more grittier and a bit more gorey than the current commercial version.

There are still a some fans of the original KF here...

Checkout Fallout 3... even that game has more gore than KF and we're all about surviving a huge Zed Oubreak with less gore:

Fallout 3 Gore and Violence - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0