• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Report cheater?!

Rehmes

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
I wanna know who/where to report cheaters. I've allready reported 2 over the steam report but don't trust they'll do much.

I havn't seen that much funny stuff going on but I have seen 1 which the entire server agreed on that he cheated.
Got a screenshot of the scorebord where he had 68 kills and a 124 ping where other people with 50-60 ping had like in average 10 kills.

The last guy I've reported I'll happily tell about to one of the forum admins or whatever since that's a slightly more serious cheating.

*EDIT
Dunno why but it wouldn't upload my reply but her goes:

Should have expected some of these replies.
The guy did write in chat "<- Cheater" Making an arrow pointing towards his name.
Also he did do 360 degrees headshots constantly and other dodgy ****

I do understand there are a lot of great RO players and there should be no whinning about being beaten by them. That would be annoying with all these finger pointing in the chat and forum. No one wants that.
I was asking where to report possible cheaters. Since most real fps players don't want to play filth.

Anyways the answer was:
Steam report (shift + tab in game) - Show players - find the name and on their steam account you can report.
If you've don't got steam community enabled you can go on steam - Friends - Add friend - Show list of players that you've reacently played - Find the player and report on their steam account. (Best to do after the match to find player fastest)

You can also try to make a submission at http://www.pbbans.com/cheat-file-submission.html

If you see cheat promoting videos on youtube etc. simply flag it and dislike. The more flags the bigger the chance of it going down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centory
I kindda expected this argue to go straight away.

But he did say in chat "<-Cheater" pointing towards his name and also doing 360 degree headshots all the time and other dodgy ****.

I do understand there are a lot of great RO players and ofcause we dont want some whinning community to call "cheater, cheater" everytime they lose on the forums or the chat.
But there are cheats and cheaters and this thread was to make a quick clearance whereas to report cheaters etc. so we can stop them in time.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I've played many a matches side by side with DrGuppy and he averages about 50 kills a match. He doesn't cheat... cheap tactics, maybe...

The part that surprises me the most is that he does it mostly with a punk *** bolt action. :D

DrGuppy seems to have gotten a reputation for being quite the shot, unluckily I've never had the pleasure to see him in action.

Perhaps more lucky that is, if he ends up the opposite team .. :)

But yes, It's not hard for some players to get high amounts of kills through an array of methods Artillery, Tanks, Machineguns or just pure luck, I mean, If the opposition keeps running through the same door - why move your gun? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I've played many a matches side by side with DrGuppy and he averages about 50 kills a match. He doesn't cheat... cheap tactics, maybe...

The part that surprises me the most is that he does it mostly with a punk *** bolt action. :D

Well, he's a TW mapper, right?
So, for all we know, he snuck some fancy spots in that only he knows about.

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
Stupid opponents, a few helpful teammates, and a good spot in an objective can really go a long way. Having a rapid fire weapon can help too.

The other night I ranked up 20 kills in one life with the SVT-40 on Apartments by getting in the second left hand side objective. (Title is escaping me currently.)

I kept moving between the back room with the window looking toward spawn, the top of the stairs/looking down the long hallway, and the other room with the windows looking toward the other objective. A few lucky hip shots, good use of "Pie Slicing" around doors and windows, and lots and lots of opponents who couldn't be bothered to check a room before rushing into it made for lots of easy and quick kills. (I did end up having to bandage twice.)

Eventually I died because a teammate accidentally hit me with his bayonet.

Upvote 0
Not to blow my own trumpet but 60+ kills is achievable as long as the lovely (cough) Lockdown feature is removed after the first couple of caps.

If you're going to accuse someone of cheating it's best to be damned sure they are because there's always someone better than you to a point of it seeming unfair - i've had it a few times!

Upvote 0
Theres obvious hacks out, theres no denying that, theres videos posted on the internet EVERYWHERE. So you cant blame people for being suspicious.

I don't think anybody is denying the existence of a tiny minority of players using hacks.

The point is, if you're going to report a cheater - make sure he is without having a rage-fit when he kills you over and over.

Upvote 0
Yea just because someone has alot of kills doesn't mean their cheating.I got accused of cheating last night(something I would never do ...I hate cheaters and I take my game serious).I was on Station map in the first cap defending and racked up 20 or more kills in the first few mins they just keep running straight at me lol.Just because I was in a good position and have had ALOT of practice with the rifle.

When the caps moved inside needless to say my killstreak dropped considerably :eek: Sometimes its just about positioning and being proficient with your weapon.I try to find myself good spots in each cap but some caps I haven't found the spot yet or being close range where the rifle is less effective or just the lack of practice in that zone.Personally I would rather have a better team score getting in on the caps and just being there for my team being the top killer is never my goal.

You will know if someone is using an aim bot they get headshots firing from the hip and rarely miss or takes a whole squad down through smoke/behind walls etc.In ro1 it was the same way new players always scream hacker! but the pople who played regularly with each other knew what to expect out of the vets and what was possible.

I have said it before I hate to see a witch hunt for players that is not cheating just because they have alot of kills.Anyone that spends the time to learn this game or has had years of practice in ro1 is capable of doing this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0