• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Removing Smoke Trail - Help Needed

Tendency

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
www.rainingblood.org
I am playing with removing smoke trails from the M79, M32 and LAW. I was able to remove the smoke trail from the M79 and LAW with a little trial and error.
The M32 on the other hand has not worked for me. I have spent a few hours trying to remove the smoke trail from this weapon. I have even had the M32 use the LAW and M79 projectile and still the smoke remains, even when the smoke trail is removed from those two projectiles already.
I found that using the following code in the specified projectile will remove the smoke trail, but not on the M32. What am i missing?

Remove smoke trail code used for the M79 and LAW projectile.

Code:
simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
Super.PostBeginPlay();
if (SmokeTrail != None)
SmokeTrail.Destroy();
}

Why wont this work with the M32? Im thinking it may use something different than the "smoke trail" I cant find it. Maybe its an emitter?

I am playing with removing smoke trails from the M79, M32 and LAW. I was able to remove the smoke trail from the M79 and LAW with a little trial and error.
The M32 on the other hand has not worked for me. I have spent a few hours trying to remove the smoke trail from this weapon. I have even had the M32 use the LAW and M79 projectile and still the smoke remains, even when the smoke trail is removed from those two projectiles already.
I found that using the following code in the specified projectile will remove the smoke trail, but not on the M32. What am i missing?

Remove smoke trail code used for the M79 and LAW projectile.

Code:
{
Super.PostBeginPlay();
if (SmokeTrail != None)
SmokeTrail.Destroy();
}

Why wont this work with the M32? Im thinking it may use something different than the "smoke trail" I cant find it. Maybe its an emitter?

I was having the exact same issue here! You can remove the smoke adding this simple function to your projectile:

Code:
//This function removes the annoying smoke :)
{
    BCInverse = 1 / BallisticCoefficient;

if ( Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer)
    {
		SmokeTrail = None; //No smoke at all :)
    }

OrigLoc = Location;

if( !bDud )
    {
        Dir = vector(Rotation);
        Velocity = speed * Dir;
		SmokeTrail = None;
    }

if (PhysicsVolume.bWaterVolume)
    {