• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove 90fps cap online

@Benjamin: As i write, people I know have tested or bought such screen and saw inn front of their eyes what it is.

@mmnicolas: maybe it is only to steal our money.... or not. I remember this 800*600 screen... I'll never go back under full HD now.. I'm sure these 4K screen in a decade will be normal things to have and I'll never return to fullHD because I'll be used to have pixels I can not see on screen because screen has so high definition.. (by the way I don't know 17" screen for 4K, for me it is for big screens, TV screens)

So you guys tested the difference between 30/60/120 in real life? To be sure of what you say, you have to, that's why I trust the people I know who tested it. Now I don't think anymore there is no difference, because my friends tested and told me there is a huge difference in what you see/feel on the screen.

If you guys know there is no difference because.. you know it, it is sure, because you say it, this is not really trustable, you don't even see it with your eyes and you have certitude..

Upvote 0
Yea, they're selling laptops with 4k displays, out-of-the-box you can't read text on it. I don't doubt this is still progress, but way overhyped.
Yes I agree 4K monitors on small laptops is ridiculous... but I'm pretty sure, even if I recognized I never seen a 4K monitor, that the big TV screens we now have (40" and over) will have great improvement having those kind of screens when we'll have the content with such quality to display on (movies actually are 1920*1080 max on the market if I'm not wrong), like movie, video games, and so on.. But it is off topic we were talking about 120Hz monitor.

But no, I haven't played games on a 120hz monitor
Ok so that's what I'm talking about, you can not be sure of what you say, because you're talking about something you or your friends/family did not see from own eyes. You think but you don't know.

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad, I do just fine. Been playing shooters for 20 years. It's not all about the shiny toys, skill has a lot to do with it as well. I use an old beater mouse and keyboard I got at walmart years ago and I still play a lot better than most people I have seen.

Damn straight

Inb4 the kids come claiming you can only notice 30fps... :D

Actually I think it's more like 60fps

Upvote 0