• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Removable Front Sight Hood for Kar98

I quite like the hood on the Kar98, it makes it look really cool, the same with the other hoods for the G43 and StG44

kar98hoodz.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To each his own. I think it looks much better w/o because it looks more streamlined and not like a hefty piece of weaponry with a flimsy piece of metal clamped to the front. Plus without you can see more of your target. Alot of soldiers would knock it off during the war.

But anyway it'd be cool to have the option for both viewpoints' satisfaction.

Upvote 0
Was it really detachable? And why would a soldier want to remove it as it protects the front sight?

Yes it is detachable. When I bought my Russian captured k98 it didn't have a sight hood. I went to a military antique store and the owner had a few hoods. Although it took a pair of pliers to put it on. I think removing a sight hood would be a soldier preference but the Germans where very particular about appearance. A soldier might get reprimanded for removing it from his superiors.

Upvote 0