• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Released] Hunting Rifle Beta

Thanks YoYo, thats actually where I have gotten most of the reloading sounds but the fire sounds seemed a little crisper in the KF pkgs.
I am quite happy with how it sounds but it seems the majority want something else?
more damage than the cross i think..or just a better HS damage Multiplier to kill FPs and Scrakes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, i made a skin for the hunting rifle, i textured the main skins and the staticmesh skin as well.

Im just curious why in 3rd person the skin shows the original Hunting Rifle skin and not the staticmesh skin i textured?

The pickup for the Rifle is the one for the staticmesh.

But i couldnt find the one for the 3rd person skin, so i assume the one i did for the staticmesh is the one shown in 3rd person.

Can anyone help?

By the way, im skinning this rifle because custom weapons can be used with the skins online whereas the official weapons cannot unless made into a new mutator..

With custom weapons, skins can be made, the weapon decoompiled, the skin changed then recompiled as a weapon :D

Btw here are some screens

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I'm surious. After you're finished finalizing the Hunting Rifle, do you have any plans for other weapons? I have a couple ideas (actually I have a whole thread with my random weapon ideas).

Also, your paint job looks fine Goob. I think the symbol on the scope lens is a nice touch. Reminds me of Borderlands scopes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm surious. After you're finished finalizing the Hunting Rifle, do you have any plans for other weapons? I have a couple ideas (actually I have a whole thread with my random weapon ideas).

Also, your paint job looks fine Goob. I think the symbol on the scope lens is a nice touch. Reminds me of Borderlands scopes.

There is some sniper, pistol or smg idea but what about shotty.
It can be interesting to mod shotty too.

Upvote 0
Edited the first post with a new updated version.

This should now fix the arm skins, crashing and includes new sounds and different power values based on Aze' suggestions:

I have also included a mut so you can add the weapon to the trader via the mutator screen or continue to use the Custom Trader Mutator but you will need to add the line BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RiflePickup

Weight - 7
MinDam - 190
MaxDam - 220
HSMulti - 2.1
MaxAmmo - 40

New Version

Enjoy and please post any issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No more crashes. Fantastic job. Also, this thing feels perfect.

My initial impressions: Very useful against scrakes, husks, and sirens. The reloading and firing speed both feel just right. Seems to take the same number of shots as a LAR to kill scrakes, but for some reason it takes fewer shots to kill fleshpounds. This is probably due to a combination of a bug involving FP damage resistance and the rifle not getting full 140% headshot sharpshooter bonus yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No more crashes. Fantastic job. Also, this thing feels perfect.

My initial impressions: Very useful against scrakes, husks, and sirens. The reloading and firing speed both feel just right. Seems to take the same number of shots as a LAR to kill scrakes, but for some reason it takes fewer shots to kill fleshpounds. This is probably due to a combination of a bug involving FP damage resistance and the rifle not getting full 140% headshot sharpshooter bonus yet.

Thanks Eon, that is good news. I never sent it by PM as I was quite assured that the bug was fixed with this.

Glad you like it, enjoy :)

Upvote 0
If everyone is happy with it, I am more than happy to submit it. Not sure whether any of the anims could do with a little more work?

I've played around on several difficulty levels several times with this. Since its not even graylisted, most of the fun gets lost somewhere for me :(
BUT - no matter the difficulty, the gun always performs the way i expect. Penetration, damage, it all works. I managed to find a server running it for a bit, and it was very fun to use. The reload times and bolt-action times are good. Solo this thing is hard to use, but with a team its epic!

LONG STORY SHORT: don't change it any more until you get TWI's input. If they say it needs different anims or timing or stats, then change it, but I like it as is, and want to see it in-game as a real weapon asap.

Upvote 0