• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: RO3DAudio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to clear some things up because it seems a few misguided idiots think I stole code from DH:

I began work on trying to crack the code surrounding the 3D Audio last year around a time when it was a big topic of discussion. The usual response from the developers was that things are the way we want them and if you want to change this then do it yourself. So, I took it upon myself to track down what in the code made the game use 3D Audio for enemy players but full volume for friendlies. As stated on the first page, .

Xent work HoBo,,thx a lot for ur hard work/time on the 3D Mut,,,,,,,cheers,,,,

Upvote 0
Ok the situation got out of hand, As Evil Hobbo was on our development team, he had access and should have known we have had this feature in place for a long time now (in private testing).

(how can altering one variable be a feature someone posted ?. If it not in the stock game and no one has put it in game already, that is a new feature, unless I am mistaken?.)

He did not say anything to me or anyone else on our Dev team that he was working on or going to release a mutator featuring 3D voices. So therefore it came as a complete supprise to Me and the rest of the team to find it released. In my post I did not say he had stolen our code, just that we had Implemented this feature sometime ago.

With giving him Permission to use our Pak43 for His Kreigstadt map and then him releasing this mutator, thats is 2 items that were included in our release, now already out and free for the community to use.

We are only a very small team of 4 dedicated devs plus content from a few other people. Working away for over year to bring the community something special, you can imagine if you find a few of the things you have included being released by someone else, Makes the work you are doing and hoped to be a first for the community, have a lot less impact.

So sorry for the long post, and I apologise for any confusion and misunderstandings that have taken place.

thanks ExoCet

Upvote 0
He did not say anything to me or anyone else on our Dev team that he was working on or going to release a mutator featuring 3D voices. So therefore it came as a complete supprise to Me and the rest of the team to find it released. In my post I did not say he had stolen our code, just that we had Implemented this feature sometime ago.

Oh.

Listen, this was a feature in Red Orchestra Combined Arms that I was looking to bring back to the game. It was already a feature of Red Orchestra that was removed with the transition to Ostfront. DH is not adding a feature, they are modifying existing code in Red Orchestra. :rolleyes:

Not to mention of course that I gave all of my machine gun source code, textures et al to DH though. That doesn't account for anything at all.

Considering that 3D voices are something from the RO mod, its hardly anything new and nothing for DH to be proud of. I have attempted to do the community a favor by releasing a mutator that can be applied to anything in RO (although it is currently buggy) as opposed to keeping it DH-exclusive.

You sir, are seriously mistaken.

Not once did I EVER mention anyone's name!

Evil Hobo's name was brought into the mix by Evilwo0T. Not I.

Get your FACTS straight.

Anyone with an ounce of sense could tell who you were talking about.

Upvote 0
You certainly are quick on the edit!

I was just about to quote you when I saw that the content of your post had changed from the time I came to this page to the time I clicked quote. Shall we show our dear public what the former contents were?

Now if I'm not mistaken you are apologizing for something there?

Ouches! Also, QFT

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
You certainly are quick on the edit!

I was just about to quote you when I saw that the content of your post had changed from the time I came to this page to the time I clicked quote. Shall we show our dear public what the former contents were?

Now if I'm not mistaken you are apologizing for something there?

Yes I am and you know it. I was mistaken and misled.

However, THE FACT REMAINS:

I NEVER MENTIONED YOUR NAME OR DIRECTLY ACCUSED YOU.

Upvote 0
I directly named myself in discussion with my friends because I am no idiot, Mike. The discussion on your RGN forums is clearly directed at me, no matter how much you try to avoid it. Look who is "attempt[ing] to bull**** his way out of this predicament by going in a million different directions trying to confuse the issues"* now.

And just like you said about that statement, he will lose if he does so.

You lose, Mike.

Upvote 0
I directly named myself in discussion with my friends because I am no idiot, Mike. The discussion on your RGN forums is clearly directed at me, no matter how much you try to avoid it. Look who is "attempt[ing] to bull**** his way out of this predicament by going in a million different directions trying to confuse the issues"* now.

And just like you said about that statement, he will lose if he does so.

You lose, Mike.

Whatever blows yer dress up...

No matter how many twists and turns you make the fact remains; I never accused you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.