• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: No Smoke Grenades

OlgaB

Mar 17, 2006
UPDATE: September 9, 2006 - 10:52PM
This mutator currently doesn't work online because of replication issues, and it also might not be continued. For an even better grenade mutator (currently the greatest) use the following: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12175 .

UPDATE: July 30, 2006 - 6:40PM
Uploaded source package, although I don't really see the need to since it's only one class file. If you decide to use code from my mutator in another project, that's fine, as long as you ask me and/or mention it in your readme.

UPDATE: July 30, 2006 - 6:15PM
v101 - Added exceptions list so you can filter out maps which you think _should_ have Smoke Grenades.

This is simply a mutator that lets you disable smoke grenades, with the option of replacing them with regular F1 Grenades. I was planning on making amount of grenades configurable as well, but it doesn't seem to work with the method I used. The change will be noticeable on the role select screen, by the way.

Enjoy, or not!

You can contact me by email at:
Lt.OlgaB {at} trioptimum {dot} com

Attachments

• OlgaNoSmoke.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
  • OlgaNoSmoke_v101.zip
    3 KB · Views: 0
  • OlgaNoSmoke_v101_src.zip
    1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Don't change the subject ;)

Difficulty is smoke seems like a very nice add-on for most maps, but sometimes I would prefer to exclude some capareas from using it. The last cappoint for instance when it's indoors. Other parts of the map may be very well suited for smoke.

Too much smoke leads to nadespamming and more teamkills (just got back from such a game).

Time will tell if smoke unbalances some difficult (but interesting !) parts of some maps. A rough guideline might be: all CQB maps without it. Problem is: if the CQB-map is large enough or has enough alternative routes then smoke doesn't have to be "a problem".

Let's see what happens the next 2 weeks.

Monk.

Upvote 0
Well on the subject of original class names... it's very possible to make a mutator that changes class names back to the original native language names...

But, it could only be a server-side option with a mutator, which could possibly confuse people who join different servers. Therefore it'd be best to wait until Tripwire steps up with a built-in client-side option. :)

EDIT: Meanwhile, you can backup your current RORoles.int in your RO's system folder, and then rename Copy of RORoles.int to RORoles.int. This will revert all class names back to their former native selves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0