• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Melee-Only v2.0

Sent666

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
New release with two configs: One for boltaction only melee, and another to take away grenades. I also made the pistols melee in all weapons melee mode. It should be much better then the last version (DUH!), so if anyone can give suggestions to make it better, or have another idea for a mutator, state it in this thread! PEACE! :eek:

Contact [email protected] if there are problems

Attachments

• MeleeOnlyv2.0.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I installed the new version of melee-only on a test server and connected from a windows client. In the "default" config (i.e. mutator enabled but without "No Grenades" or "Bolt-Only" checked) the only weapon available was grenades. There were no rifles or SMGs for any classes. With "No Grenades" checked none of the classes I selected had ANY weapons. In "Bolts-Only" mode in any class I only had grenades and/or binoculars available.

Thinking that maybe something was up with the test server I was using, I tried it all on a different server. Same result.

I sent email this morning to the address above but have not heard back yet. I also can't find a single server running this mutator. Am I the only one having these problems?

Upvote 0
I've only tested these on the practice mode, and they work fine. Never tested them on multiplay, since I THOUGHT it would act the same. I'll check it out though!

EDIT- I just tested via a listen server I set up and it works just as it would in practice mode, let me test dedicated, since thats what I think your running.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in practice it works on the 3 dedicated servers it doesn't (maybe for a next version like the pistol only mutator you could make a bolt only mutator where you can still shoot ^^)

maybe you can put everything in 1 big mutator ^^

like a ro weapons mutator.

Where you can select what classes/weapons etc are available howmany bullets/nades/fausts are available available ability to give new weapons to certain classes and remove (like adding satchells for all or removing nades for all).

That would be one of the best mutators for ro then ^^.

Afcourse this is only just a suggestion ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Practice and dedicated server modes are completely different. You can get away with a lot in practice mode that does not work on netplay because in practice mode the client and server are the same running engine.

I've been working with the Mutator GetInventoryClassOverride, CheckReplacement and ModifyPlayer functions but so far no luck. I'm missing something basic. When I figure out what it is I'll be sure to share...

Upvote 0
You only need to have the mutator in ServerPackages if the clients need to download it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. You can add bAddToServerPackages to the mutator's defaultproperties. If this variable is set to True the client will download the mutator. This negates the need for server admins to edit their .ini file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0