• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: EH-MachineGunMod

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Final version of the machine gun modification by yours truly.

Download Here

Package includes:
  • Modified MG42
  • Modified MG34
  • Modified DP28
  • Improved Machine Guns Mutator (Final)
Changelog:
  • Adjusted the barrel life and heating/cooling rates on the MG42
  • Added a new barrel class for the modified DP28 - it will now use the same properties as the new MG34.
  • Brought recoil values for the single-shot of the MG34 to the same value as for automatic fire.
  • Corrected discrepancies between tracer frequency for first and third person viewing.
For Server Administrators:
You will need to remove EH-MG_Mod.u and EH-MG_Mod.ucl from your server's system folder unless you currently have a map on the server which is using these files as a part of its loadouts (think KrasnyBor), in which case you should only remove EH-MG_Mod.ucl. For setting up the mutator, simply uncheck the box next to the original Improved MGs mod and check the box next to the new one (Final).

Note to mappers updating their maps from previous versions of the MGs:

Replace the weapons for your machine gunners with the stock versions of the MGs. Close the editor and delete/rename the previous file such that it is no longer a .u in your system folder (you don't want it to conflict with the inventory). Furthermore, remove the old package from your EditPackages in RedOrchestra.ini. Place the new EH-MachineGunMod package in to your system folder and RedOrchestra.ini. Restart the editor and modify the loadouts for your MG classes and choose from DP28WeaponEH, MG34WeaponEH, and MG42WeaponEH. If you did it right, it will be prefaced with EH-MachineGunMod.

If you have never used one of my MG variants in the past, you can simply change the loadouts as you normally would.

Note to those looking to code the new tracers in to armored vehicles:

Modify the defaultproperties of the Hull MG and Cannon classes for your vehicle in question. Locate the property "DummyTracerClass." Set the value for this to

Code:
DummyTracerClass=class'EH-MachineGunMod.MG34ClientTracerEH'
for German vehicles or

Code:
DummyTracerClass=class'EH-MachineGunMod.DP28ClientTracerEH'
for Russian vehicles.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Clean Up...

Clean Up...

I wish there was a way to clean up the server of all old files. Could you post what files need to be deleted so that there are no conflicts and only the newest is available.

I was hoping you would have left your old post alone with the old download and then I could have just seen what files were updated with the mod so that I could have easily deleted them.

TIA...

Upvote 0
Well I thought it would be a pretty self-explanatory process but I suppose I take too much for granted...

No files necessarily need to be changed or removed: there will be no mismatches to speak of, the files with changes have had their names changed and the texture/static mesh files as the same ones you have had in the past if you have used any previous versions of the mutator or have had older versions of Kriegstadt running on your server(s).

Just check the box next to the new, Final version and uncheck the box next to the older version. Maps that make use of the previous version of the mutator as part of its content -- like KrasnyBor which uses the MG34 and DP28 -- will still require the old EH-MG_Mod file in order to function.

Another way to clear up the confusion of having two instances of the mutator in your WebAdmin should be to just delete the EH-MG_Mod.ucl file, meaning that you should be left with say,

EH-MachineGunMod.u
EH-MachineGunMod.ucl
EH-MG_Mod.u

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, just edited my previous post. The .ucl should tell the server that it is a mutator that can be run, just remove EH-MG_Mod.ucl and it should remove the mutator from your WebAdmin interface, while the final version should still be there and EH-MG_Mod.u will remain for KrasnyBor to access.
Great. And the StaticMeshes/Textures remained the same I guess? (way too lazy to check the md5 :eek:)

Upvote 0