• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release ArmoredBeasts 2.06 beta (update)

I have few questions for amizaur:

1. Can you confirm whether current latest beta of ab mutator is fully compatible with new RO patch? Sometimes new build of stock game can break some things in mutator.

2. Did you tone down t34/76 engine power, tank speed/torque? I compared full throttle movement up the hills on orel in stock to ab and t34 in ab seems to accelerate much slower and its weaker in moving up the hills.

Upvote 0
I have few questions for amizaur:

1. Can you confirm whether current latest beta of ab mutator is fully compatible with new RO patch? Sometimes new build of stock game can break some things in mutator.

Anything is possible but I haven't nor have any of our regulars seen this.

2. Did you tone down t34/76 engine power, tank speed/torque? I compared full throttle movement up the hills on orel in stock to ab and t34 in ab seems to accelerate much slower and its weaker in moving up the hills.

To my knowledge, this has not been done at all in AB.

Upvote 0
8.SS have been running the latest version of AB prior to the recent patch, but also ran the patch beta without AB, just incase there was a conflict of any kind, so can i ask, without sounding stupid, is the latest version of AB fully hot to trot with the new patch?

Also, fanTAStic work doing this mutator. I'm an infantry guy, infantry commander for the 8.SS in fact, but i always used to be tanking before clan life and infantry work stole my heart. Occasionally i still jump into a tank and go for a whizz around see what i can do and as soon as this mutator was uploaded to the server i was on like a shot to give it a go. I've not got any real issues with it, something i've wondered though is would it be possible to remodel the tanks slightly with camo netting? Every sensible crew would use it to break up their outline and make it harder to spot their tank and harder to aim on the weak points even if they were spotted. I find it disgustingly easy to spot the tip of a tank rolling round a forest or something and i can usually smack it clean in the magazine the second it's got a clear line of sight to me, because there's usually only one person in the tank and the take time to switch position and aim.

I also agree that infantry combat seems a little off slightly, but as a player there's a lot you can do to combat it. I understand the fact that TWI had to generalise the game a little, you're not always gonna be as relaxed as you would be on the range or as panicked as you would be in room-to-room clearance, but even when i'm under fire, provided i've got a decent bit of something solid to rest my weapon on i can cut down most people who are assaulting me, even at longer range. I've got no real problems using sensible weapon resting and burst of automatic at range to combat riflemen, but i think either automatics need to be "nerfed" slightly so to speak or rifles "buffed" a little. What i mean by this is that smgs tend to be just as good as rifles over range, provided you take your time and have a little bit of luck. I don't know, maybe that's just me though.
What about the general hit boxes and effects too? One thing that's always struck me as weird is being hit in the leg and only slowing down or stopping moving for a second, surely you'd be on the floor screaming in agony and wishing for your mother to come save you, or only shots to the hand counting as disarming. I'd have though that if you got shot in the leg you'd be permanently on the floor, or at least relegated to crawling, especially if you got hit in both legs, and being hit in the right arm anywhere would make you drop your weapon and the left would hinder your aim (Alternated for left handed people of course) I mean i'm no coder at all but i've done some beta testing and i don't know how easy or difficult things like this would be to change.

I'm sorry for turning most of this post into a minor rant about infatry combat and effects so i'll finish by saying TWI guys that read this, please no offence was intended, i really only meant it as constructive criticism, and also, dude, Armoured Beasts...I'll describe it in the idiom of Counter-****e gamers:

'Sup dude, like uber 1337 man, it R0XX0RZ hardcore, like even H4XXing won't make dis ne betta!!!

Cya all on the frontline sometime, i'll be the guy standing behind you with a bayonet, it's blue and white so when i shove it up your commie *** i'll make the union jack ;-)

Upvote 0
@Amizaur can you please support the now "official" custom tanks? So the German T34, Welt's tanks ...?
They are in ROCustom.

They are fully supported in 2.07 version, released "unoffically" (for test purposes) on few servers.This 2.07 version is fully functional but has gunsights not set correctly at ranges over 1000m. As I don't like a unfinished version be regarded as official, and I can't finish it myself, either someone else will tune the gunsights for me or the official 2.07 release (for any server) is not going to happen soon. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Amizaur said:
They are fully supported in 2.07 version, released "unoffically" (for test purposes) on few servers.This 2.07 version is fully functional but has gunsights not set correctly at ranges over 1000m. As I don't like a unfinished version be regarded as official, and I can't finish it myself, either someone else will tune the gunsights for me or the official 2.07 release (for any server) is not going to happen soon. Sorry.

Cool m8 I hope you are ok m8 great work!
Anyway for any of those taking up Amizaur's work I spotted 2 little things in AB the T-34's frontal armor of 80mm (strange because the front of the T-34 is 45mm at 30 degrees and the side of the Panther G is 50 at 30 degrees and its armor its nowhere near 80mms and in combat account you hear how weak the side armor of the Panther was). does not allow the 76.2mm F-34 to detroy it at anything above very close range on the hull this is untrue the Germans employed T-34's againt Russian T-34's with great results in combat ranges. The second thing is I noticed is that the PTRD can shoot through the sideskirts will this be fixed later?

Lastly I liked the burnout feature AB had a verison ago will that ever make a comeback?
anyway excellent job m8 you single handedly made me come back to RO tanking
and since u'll be away for a while Merry Christmas and Happy new year.-:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool m8 I hope you are ok m8 great work!
Anyway for any of those taking up Amizaur's work I spotted 2 little things in AB the T-34's frontal armor of 80mm (strange because the front of the T-34 is 45mm at 30 degrees and the side of the Panther G is 50 at 30 degrees and its armor its nowhere near 80mms and in combat account you hear how weak the side armor of the Panther was). does not allow the 76.2mm F-34 to detroy it at anything above very close range on the hull this is untrue the Germans employed T-34's againt Russian T-34's with great results in combat ranges. The second thing is I noticed is that the PTRD can shoot through the sideskirts will this be fixed later?

T34 front is 45mm/60 deg, not 30.

Can someone take care AB please? Who gonna now code new tanks in AB? RO is slowly dying and we must keep so many players as it's possible. I think, when King Tigers, Jagdpanthers etc will be released, this might save the game. But we need someone who knows unreal code and who would code them for AB. Sure, you can release new tanks only for stock RO. But this will lose many many players, who are very important to keep RO popular. It just need to look on FKS#4 where is AB, how pretty full is everyday, there are a lot of AB fans. AB + new tanks is a future of RO, I think if that will be complied, even after 1 year, RO tanking still will have a lot of players, even more than is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something you wrong counted. In Combat Mission game which has very realistic penetration data, T34/76 can penetrate 40mm of armor on 60deg at 100m.

On this site which has true data guns/armors, there isn't showed how is on 60deg, but as you can see on 0deg at 100m is almost same as in Combat Mission.

http://www.freeweb.hu/gva/weapons/soviet_guns5.html

If front T34 was less than 80mm, than PzIII could penetrate it, and T34/76 too. Everything is just set correct.

Upvote 0
If front T34 was less than 80mm, than PzIII could penetrate it, and T34/76 too. Everything is just set correct.
The Panzer III 50mm L/60 could m8 it is better than the 76.2mm F-34 let me dig some stuff out on the panzer III's gun. The 76.2mm F-34 should also be able to penetrate itself at combat range at least I have never found any German combat reports that state when in a Panzer 747(R) they had to close in under combat range to penetrate. Anyway 50% of T-34 losses from 1942 to Kursk 1943 was from the 50mm L/60 not to mention the PAK 38 that was always rolled up when T-34's came to call in 1941-1942 before the Pak 40 or the nice German converted captured F-22 75mm.

Something you wrong counted. In Combat Mission game which has very realistic penetration data, T34/76 can penetrate 40mm of armor on 60deg at 100m.
I heard good things about that game awhile ago never played it. I did not count wrong I put the slope and mm through Panzerworld's armor calculator which is pretty accurate here is the link: http://www.panzerworld.net/armourcalculator

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well then in that case if the frontal armor is at 60 degrees then the frontal armor of the T-34 should be 51.9mm not 80mm which really matches up with the t-34 vs t-34 stuff .

http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=43

Lets analyze one simple example. A projectile with the sharp nose engages with the King Tiger's frontal armor. Will this projectile penetrate it? Lets see:
penetration3.gif
As you can see on the picture above, we need to calculate the "l" value. From the school course of the Geometry we know that:
formula1.gif
The thickness of the King Tiger's frontal armor is 150mm. The armor is angled at 40

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyway for any of those taking up Amizaur's work I spotted 2 little things in AB the T-34's frontal armor of 80mm (strange because the front of the T-34 is 45mm at 30 degrees and the side of the Panther G is 50 at 30 degrees and its armor its nowhere near 80mms and in combat account you hear how weak the side armor of the Panther was)

Well then in that case if the frontal armor is at 60 degrees then the frontal armor of the T-34 should be 51.9mm not 80mm which really matches up with the t-34 vs t-34 stuff .
You have to watch out for angles being quoted as either off the vertical or horizontal.

Regarding the side armour of the Panther F and G. It's combo of 40mm vertical plates and 50mm plates 30deg off the vertical. Now, the straight line thickness (which I know is a simplification of matters) for the angled part is going to be 50mm/cos30 = 57mm.

The front of the T-34 is a 45mm plate 60deg off the vertical.
So the straight line thickness is going to be 45mm/cos60 = 90mm.

And for modelling the side armour of the Panther, how much should you treat as 40mm, as 57mm, and how much is also protected by the wheels?

p5f_1.jpg

BTW TT3, what is AB treating the side armour of the Panther as?

Upvote 0