• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: AntiBS AntiCheat mutator

worluk

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Hi,

due to continous new cheats and hacks we (roladder.net) had to do something. This something is an AntiCheat mutator. It will recognize and log certain cheats that were made public recently. It's up to the serveradmin wether the mutator just logs, kicks the cheater, session bans or bans for good. The mutator also logs 16bit users, it will not kick them however

It will be required in ladder matches from this week on and I hope more server admins will make use of this to stop those annoying little kiddies.

The mutator comes with a readme on howto install it. If you got questions feel free to post here, write me a PM or join #roladder on quakenet.

Here is the link

regards,

worluk

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Awesome. This will not only keep people from cheating but also keep players from being banned on a hunch alone. Or better players being accused of no recoil, or seeing through smoke just out of shock from the distance at which they're getting kills or the numbers they're taking out. I miss the days of RO when you more or less trusted that everyone was playing legitimately and only the noobs were yelling cheater.

Upvote 0
It did find a cheat. It reported this:

[INSECURE CLIENT] xxxxxxxx[ xxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
[INSECURE CLIENT] uses a not allowed client side interaction
[INSECURE CLIENT] Interaction detected:Alore.This

I xxx-ed out the name and GUID of the person, but what is the cheat he used??? "Alore.This" does not ring any bells. :eek:

Glad to see it work though.:)

Great Mutator, thanks Worluk

Bando

Upvote 0
It did find a cheat. It reported this:

[INSECURE CLIENT] xxxxxxxx[ xxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
[INSECURE CLIENT] uses a not allowed client side interaction
[INSECURE CLIENT] Interaction detected:Alore.This

I xxx-ed out the name and GUID of the person, but what is the cheat he used??? "Alore.This" does not ring any bells. :eek:

Glad to see it work though.:)

Great Mutator, thanks Worluk

Bando
A multicheat: wallhack, norecoil, etc

Upvote 0
Would it be possible to set up something like how pbbans.com & punksbusted.com works, where servers can stream bans? Basically those sites work with the server admins, when someone is caught cheating on a server, that player is added to a master ban list. So, all other servers using the stream get that player added to their ban list as well.

Upvote 0
16 Bitters...

16 Bitters...

Well I have installed this on our server and I can't believe how many 16 bitters are out there. The big thing is are they using this for an advantage or are they using, that old of equipment, that their video cards can't go any higher without graphics lag???

Has anyone figured out what all the settings do and how to set them up?

I sent a PM asking for a definitive Readme to point out how or what does what? Still no answer but I'm sure he's got hundreds by now...

Here is what should be posted - what values do what?

WhatToDo= 1=kick, 2=session ban, 3 ban (I'm just guessing here)???

True = what per each section and does anything else need to be changed per these lines or just the true and false.

I am also guessing that if you say true to bUseCustomLog that this enables the last line to put the information in whatever you place there after the = sign, or use the default LogFileName=AntiBS that is already there, that way it's not just included into your clanserver.log as it is without enabling this...

Could someone explain every part of it and what values you can use per line and what they mean... I think it will help out those that don't truly know.

[AntiBS.ROChecker]
Checks=(FName="AntiBS.u",MD5="92072963087c39f1a34b7b4ea60bc7a7",MD5Type=2,GUID="103F303948B1AF89C3D87C9C89B06FC2",MaxGenerations=1)
WhatToDo=0
TimeoutSeconds=60
bKickOnTimeout=false
bCheckSets=false
bUseCustomLog=false
LogFileName=AntiBS

With the default settings it means it will ONLY LOG cheats and put them into the clanserver.log file in a section [Insecure Client] which you have to do a find for Insecure to actually find them then it tells what they are using and their name, guid, etc... Any help to explain everything above would be a great help... Thanks for the mutator, hope it even gets better in time...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome. This will not only keep people from cheating but also keep players from being banned on a hunch alone. Or better players being accused of no recoil, or seeing through smoke just out of shock from the distance at which they're getting kills or the numbers they're taking out. I miss the days of RO when you more or less trusted that everyone was playing legitimately and only the noobs were yelling cheater.

rofl

Upvote 0
Well I have installed this on our server and I can't believe how many 16 bitters are out there. The big thing is are they using this for an advantage or are they using, that old of equipment, that their video cards can't go any higher without graphics lag???

Thought I might chip in here - since I am one of those who have been (and still is) using 16 bit. My computer is old (4 years), so I have tweaked the settings to maximize the framerate, basically setting almost all as low as possible. I *hate* laggy framerates! :p

I suppose 32 vs 16 bit has very little to no effect but still -- if its an option in the menus I will set it - as I have set every other game I have played the last years. If it is cheat TWI should've just removed the option from the panel.

TBH, I hardly notice any difference from 32 bit, but I suppose the CPU has to work less rendering 65k colors instead of 16 billion. Yes, it does give me the BUG of being able to *occasionaly* see people (and chairs etc) which is close to the thinner walls, but I try not to misuse it (as sniper for instance) and I would definitely not call it a "wallhack" as it only affects the thinnest walls and people have to get close to them.

For clan play, fine go ahead and make everyone use it, but if I was a public server admin I would think twice about banning or kicking people using 16bit. At most, give a warning if needed. It might be an indication that something is wrong, for instance if the admin gets complaints about a player cheating and this admin then finds in the log he is running 16bit, to be used together with other evidence of course.

I will buy a new computer soon anyway so hopefully you wont see many more entries from me :D

Upvote 0
Re:

Re:

Well I wasn't saying anything bad about it and figured that the 16 bit item was more because of those with dated hardware. The mutator does NOT kick those that 16 bit and as far as I know it CAN'T it only kicks those that are actually cheating. It will log the fact of a 16 bitter and that's it. So you really do NOT have to worry.

As far as cheaters are concerned I've never had any problems being better than those that even cheat and this goes back to just about any game I've ever played. I actually enjoy the fact that I can do better and even beat those that have cheated in other games in the past and I love being called one myself it's a hell of a compliment. At least now it will prove that those that are truly good are just that (GOOD) and it will show those that act or think they are good are NOT that...

Upvote 0