• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Reguest] Bring back the original kf2 theme "Outbreak" into main menu

You want the original theme back?

• YES!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • DO IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd like both themes thank you very much

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
There are people that worked on the new song, so money and effort was spent on it. There are reasons for why tripwire want their game to be this way, its their vision after all. Sometimes one also shouldn't cling onto the old things, and needs to create new exciting ones, in hope that they will be even better than the old ones.
But the old shouldnt be forgotten, as theres a lot of emotion, and SPIRIT in the old melodies, The overall idea of this game aged and evolved, and the players do see these things, things that theyve heard from way back when they first played kf1, as a symbol that this is something genuine and with continuity.
With all of that sentiment being said, considering the need to code, and script, and complicate some things, i dont feel that theres any thematical reason not to have more than 1 main menu song, as they could share the play time based on some conditions. Things such as the new one playing as the game boots up for the first time of the day to excite the player, and the old one on consecutive launches? Or the new playing on game boot up, and the old when player disconnects from a server to return to main menu. Or the above things combined with some additional probability, idk.

Upvote 0
Part of the problem is the music artist rights. Tripwire would have to make a new deal (assuming the music artist is still around) to put the old music in the new game. This is similar to why Tripwire can't import old dialog and characters directly from the original game into the newer one.

Upvote 0
From what i understood talking with them, it's not a problem with the rights.... it's more of a questionable design choice that they made.
Since original theme is by Zynthetic, and he's still around twi... so i doubt its issue with licensing.... And the remix was done by TWI's QA Fennec.
... So what's the problem you're talking about again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Legal contracts can have limits. In another thread elsewhere, one of the Tripwire designers replied that several contracts with voice actors have expired and also that original recordings of the music (in high quality format) don't exist any longer. Someone had posted about how easy it should be to import KF1 characters directly into the game (with KF2 models), While Tripwire owns all the created content, putting the content into another edition of the game requires a different contract or additional clause to the contract. Remember when KF1 came out Tripwire had no idea there would be a KF2 or other spinoff materials, so contracts were not written with that in mind. The developer even stated that they have no contact with the voice actors (as to where the actors have moved).

Ideally they could re-record the music and negotiate with the original music creator to add it to the new game. I too would buy that music pack.

Upvote 0