Registering me as using a Vive?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

theginerfriend

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2021
Has anyone had issues playing this game on steam over virtual desktop with an Oculus Quest? The game automatically sets me up as if I'm using a Vive and it's making the game basically unplayable since I can't grab anything

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I've passed this along to the team for investigation.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Epsire 1 does not at this time have any official support for the "Virtual Desktop" application.

A workaround is to use the SteamVR "Controller Bindings" feature.
  1. Open SteamVR, click the menu icon -> Settings -> Controller bindings
  2. Use the Controller bindings UI to swap the "Current controller". It will appear as a HTC vive controller. Swap it to an "Oculus Touch" controller.You should now be able to play the game with the Oculus quest over VD / ALVR.

If there are further issues, you can use the same 'controller bindings' UI to rebind any buttons.

In the future the team would like to investigate adding more official support for this app.