• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Red Square Stalingrad

http://www.redstarblackcross.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=3

This is a picture of the model in the Panorama museum - Red Square is the top area with the white crack running thru it. You can find more detail of different areas by consulting the multi-coloured key in this gallery.

The river is towards the top so any Russians would prolly be spawning at that end, if it's an early Stalingrad scenario.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope he means a conversion of RO mod map RedSquare--it was absolutely epic (a scale representation of the actual Red Square in Stalingrad), but the spawns needed a little wiggling for gameplay.

i gave tochiri permission to take over RedSquare so I could dedicate my energies to Mare Nostrum. the version he has was released before OST came out, but received little play because the mod was really on its last legs at that point. spawns in that version had been changed to create a more linear "ebb-and-flow" kind of gameplay accross the square, with theater and univermag being fallback positions depending on who holds the square.

i look forward to seeing what tochiri does with it, and thanks for the kind words :D

Upvote 0
You won't believe how many times i played this map in the mod. Increidible.The hiding places and the layout was great...you can actually hide and be a proper marksman/sniper on that map.

If he sorts out the "look at me walk out of the map and attack the russians from behind" problem and keeps the strange spawn system*

*I loved it; it was original and fun. The germans had to actually check the first obj after capping it in case another spawn wave had come just before.

Upvote 0
Damn, I hope he still gets round to it...

Has anyone played the RTS game Stalingrad? The mission in which you have to defend Red Square is without a doubt one of the coolest in the whole game.
en

What was the play like in the mod version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0