• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RED ORCHESTRA UNOFFICIAL TWEAK GUIDE v1.1

About the tweeks.
I have a top end PC so any tweeks i do is to improve the GFX really as performance is fine.
So are these tweeks to improve mid to low end systems to make them smoother or will they improve the game running on any system?
If the are for lower spec PC'c is there any tweeks to improve the look on high end rigs? If so what are they?
By the way i have 2 EVGA 8800 GTX's with Nhancer running if that helps.
Cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
Right now everything is about faster deployment times, presumeably to snatch up better weapons/classes. But are all these tweaks for a small percentage increase in performance? In ET I wasted large amounts of time tweaking .cfg until one day I just said "forget this I'm going default and having fun". The only thing in my ET cfg is my colored name and one /set key.

Upvote 0
Hello everybody.
I have problem with FPS in Red Orchestra.
My notebook (Toshiba Satellite A100-012) specs:

Core 2 Duo T5600 1.8GHz
1 GB RAM
GeForce Go 7600 (256 VRAM)

On most maps i have 30-32 fps, in critical moments - 15 fps! I asked on some servers for other players' FPS, "70" - they answered. I think i have enough power in my computer to have 70 fps. But - i'm having this only when i'm using sniper scope :p
My graphics settings in RO: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4002/shot00009mq5.jpg
Can anyone help me with this problem?:p

PS: Sorry for bad english, i'm Polish.

EDIT: OMG :D I forgot i have menu in non-english. Here's translation (from the top):
higher
higher
normal
texture
normal
normal
normal
full
rozmycie ruchu - motion blur (hmm.. just blur :p)
hdr - hdr
uszkodzenia - damages (but there is a bug in translation and this is DECALS)
dynamiczne oswietlenie - dynamic lighting
poziom tekstur - detail textures (another translation bug -_-)
podswietlenia - coronas
projektory - projectors
roslinnosc - foliage
efekty pogodowe - weather effects

thx

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I followed the part of tweaking the RedOrchestra.ini file precisely, but I get this critical error when I'm loading a map:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2853 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (6822)
CreateTexture failed(8007000E).
History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- UGameEngine::draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Zhitomir 1941 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

My rig is e7200, ATI 4850 and 4 gigs of RAM.

Upvote 0
About the tweeks.
I have a top end PC so any tweeks i do is to improve the GFX really as performance is fine.
So are these tweeks to improve mid to low end systems to make them smoother or will they improve the game running on any system?
If the are for lower spec PC'c is there any tweeks to improve the look on high end rigs? If so what are they?
By the way i have 2 EVGA 8800 GTX's with Nhancer running if that helps.
Cheers
Rob

The loading time is reduced Mad, apart from that I dont think there's any noticeable difference with higher end rigs.Tried the tweaks some time ago, then reinstalled RO as default and tbh there's no noticeable difference imo.

Upvote 0
by default UT2.X engine games have quite ****ty mouse lag even on top end systems.
And max fps online are by default locked to 85fps.

Some tweaks in here are there to improve fps/loading time.
Some tweaks in here improve responsiveness in the controls
Some tweaks improve consistency in your internet connection so aiming at moving targets is usually the same.
Some tweaks offer you tips for better control of your character with keybinds etc.
Some tweaks offer you better graphics than the top settings although at a cost of performance.
Some features allow you to see better at longer distances, or see enemies better.

Tweaks are there to improve your experience and taylor make everything to your own needs and wants. A tweakguide usually makes you set things to a persons mindset and preferrence. thats why its important to read and pick what you want out of multiple tweaking guides. Most ut2004 ones will probably work for this too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0