• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra SDK (Beta) available 5pm EST 28th April

Greenhell said:
50 euros?! Thats twice the price in the US. I'll wait just a bit, or perhaps just steam it. Thnx for the info...
actualy its exectly twice the steam price (which comes in at around 25 euro once tax (5 dollar) is included and the euro/dollar conversion is done.)
the box version will probably be atleast 35 euro in the shops (althou thats a guestimate on my part) which makes the bol.com price seem slightly more reasonable althou still damn expensive.

when the final version comes out will we have to redownload it?
as sayed its unlikely you'll have to redownload the whole thing.
with the last patch TW made it available through beta first, to see if it had any mayor bugs in it (mostly the only ones found had more to do with steams handeling of updates and rolebacks, which should now have been improved)
and once it was found not to have any mayor malfunctions it got released to the general public without any modification.
if the beta SKD dusnt have any mayor bugs it will probably follow the same route.
if not it'll get patched with a few fixes and then your beta SKD will be upgraded to the release version automaticly.

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to start the SDK beta successfully? When I try to load it, the "Preparing to launch RedOrcehstra SDK..." screen just sits there indefinitely. After a second or so the "..." part of the screen stops moving, at which point the "cancel" option is grayed out. It could be that the program needs more than 5-10 mins to start up, but since UED takes less than 1 min to start on my machine, I doubt that is the case.

Upvote 0
Rex said:
Has anyone been able to start the SDK beta successfully? When I try to load it, the "Preparing to launch RedOrcehstra SDK..." screen just sits there indefinitely. After a second or so the "..." part of the screen stops moving, at which point the "cancel" option is grayed out. It could be that the program needs more than 5-10 mins to start up, but since UED takes less than 1 min to start on my machine, I doubt that is the case.
read http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6770

Upvote 0
Jono said:
BRILLIANT manual, I've tried Angelmapper and many others and not really caught on but in this one i know exactly what im supposed to do and can make an educated guess at what to do next!:D:cool:

EDIT: who wrote it, because i'll buy them a 12 pints oh and next round is on me!

That'd be me, I guess. Thanks for the kind words. Build us a brilliant map and I'll buy YOU a beer. :)

Upvote 0
Jono said:
BRILLIANT manual, I've tried Angelmapper and many others and not really caught on but in this one i know exactly what im supposed to do and can make an educated guess at what to do next!:D:cool:

EDIT: who wrote it, because i'll buy them a 12 pints oh and next round is on me!

Yes, like the author above said before i got a chance to praise him to bits, it's beloved Dingbat who wrote that insane manual :cool:

All beers, hookers and babies can be delivered at his house. Please send your checks to Tripwire though :D

Upvote 0
Rex said:

read this http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6770

Upvote 0
Agenda_Suicide said:
Is the RO editor anything like the editor for HL2? I know they are different engines but if i can manage the hl2 editor think i can manage this one?

Terrain for UED is much easier, and also instead of having to make a box for each part of the whole map, like in Hammer, you can just immedietely put in one big cube to work in.

I've used both extensively (at least I have now...) and I can definately say UED is much easier.

Hope you give it a try. :D

Upvote 0
I know it's beta but this bug (supposing it is one) is really annoying.

i starting building a map, then saved it, shut down the editor, then i opened the editor again (with the shortcut i have on my desktop) and when it opens all the side and top buttons are there but the four screens aren't there's just one blank page where they're supposed to be, i have tried loading all the maps and it just stays white, any ideas?

the shortcut is the one to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\jono34\red orchestra\System\ROeD.exe

Upvote 0