• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra SDK (Beta) available 5pm EST 28th April

Jono said:
I know it's beta but this bug (supposing it is one) is really annoying.

i starting building a map, then saved it, shut down the editor, then i opened the editor again (with the shortcut i have on my desktop) and when it opens all the side and top buttons are there but the four screens aren't there's just one blank page where they're supposed to be, i have tried loading all the maps and it just stays white, any ideas?

the shortcut is the one to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\jono34\red orchestra\System\ROeD.exe

You need to re-adjust your View Ports (this happened often in UnrealEd for UT2k4 as well)..

View > Viewports > Configure

then just select the config you want. (probably the first one, which is the 4-panel)

Upvote 0
Anyone want to tell me why after installing the tools, when I try to join MP, I get this message:

"You must be connected to Steam and you must have an active internet connection."

WTF is that about? Restarted, deleted tools, etc and still the same. Ended up deleting EVERYTHING and now DLing the game yet again. This is on a near top of the line NEW box built six weeks ago that until now never had an RO issue.

Rather annoying.

Upvote 0
Slyk said:
Anyone want to tell me why after installing the tools, when I try to join MP, I get this message:

"You must be connected to Steam and you must have an active internet connection."

WTF is that about? Restarted, deleted tools, etc and still the same. Ended up deleting EVERYTHING and now DLing the game yet again. This is on a near top of the line NEW box built six weeks ago that until now never had an RO issue.

Rather annoying.

I get the same error when i use the RO shortcut to launch the game. But it gets worse when I launch RO from inside Steam...my system reboots:(. Let us know if removing the SDK beta and reinstalling RO works for you.

Upvote 0
Zuberlan said:
Hey Greenhell, nice to see you on the forums again. Are you planning on porting Maikop over from the mod to ROO?

Thanks, it's good to be back.

I'm not planning to port Maikop, I might restyle and redo it in a while. First I need to get back into mapping. Also, the changes I'd make would be quite extensive. I've found new pictures of the real Maikop bridge and it's surroundings and I would want to implement those into the map.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem after playing with the SDK for a couple of days... I try to run RO and get this message..

'Steam must be running and you must have an active internet connection to play multiplayer'

of course everything is the same as I usually run it.. no changes except for the SDK download.

Then I read this post from Elwood
Found this in another thread. Solved the problem for me.
delete the contents of C:\windows\prefetch\
you may have to reboot after that.

Could this be the fix I'm looking for? I'm hesitant to just perform it, because there are all kinds of files in there that belong to other programs.. I dont want to have to reconfigure all my stuff in other progs.. ya know?

help mee i need words of wisdom

Upvote 0
REZ said:
I have this same problem after playing with the SDK for a couple of days... I try to run RO and get this message..

'Steam must be running and you must have an active internet connection to play multiplayer'

of course everything is the same as I usually run it.. no changes except for the SDK download.

Then I read this post from Elwood

Could this be the fix I'm looking for? I'm hesitant to just perform it, because there are all kinds of files in there that belong to other programs.. I dont want to have to reconfigure all my stuff in other progs.. ya know?

help mee i need words of wisdom

You could move them to a temp file, then if you run into any probs you could move them back. ;)

Upvote 0
There are at least two problems like that and here's the thread with that discussion and some potential fixes or work-arounds: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7144&page=3 . I've posted my experience with it in the Bug Reports.

Basically, after two weeks, the RO:O game program hangs at the "Connecting to .... [F10] to Cancel." screen - maybe not forever but longer than I cared to wait, over 20 minutes. A clever fellow calls it the "Infinity Connection" bug. I had to delete the SDK files to get it to work. I didn't try to move the SDK files to another directory and change the shortcut, and then clear the local files ... didn't know I could do that as I thought I had to have it in the "Steam" directory for the SDK to work. *shrug* :confused:

No problem, other than not able to use the SDK and the game, so I chose the game.

If there's a way to deal with the "Infinity Connection" bug and still use both the SDK and game, please tell me how. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Ike said:
Basically, after two weeks, the RO:O game program hangs at the "Connecting to .... [F10] to Cancel." screen - maybe not forever but longer than I cared to wait, over 20 minutes. A clever fellow calls it the "Infinity Connection" bug. I had to delete the SDK files to get it to work. I didn't try to move the SDK files to another directory and change the shortcut, and then clear the local files ... didn't know I could do that as I thought I had to have it in the "Steam" directory for the SDK to work. *shrug* :confused:

No problem, other than not able to use the SDK and the game, so I chose the game.

If there's a way to deal with the "Infinity Connection" bug and still use both the SDK and game, please tell me how. Thanks.

I have the exact same problem F10, just a forever loading screen and haveta reboot the comp.. any fixes devs?

Thanks,

Mori

Last edited:
Upvote 0