• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra patch released

Red Orchestra Patch Release

A small update for RO:Ostfront has been released over Steam which addresses an issue where the internet tab was not being enabled in the in-game server browser. The update will, as always, download and install itself through Steam and should be very small and quick to download! If you are not sure, just exit Steam and restart it.

a lot of people are still having master server issues though, although they I don't have to wait endlessly for the internet tab to appear and then get the list. Some people still can't get the list at all and it worked for them a few days earlier.

Although that's from what people say.

Although it could be 2 things,

A: they failed to update ro :p
B: they didn't re allow ro in their firewall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just received the patch.
It seems to behave differently on DH and RO.
With DH it gives a problem.
Thing is: the news server reacted right away: the news was displayed.
But the internet tab is disabled and stays that way.

Workaround
When I hit the refresh key on the bottom it says the Red Orchestra master server could not be reached. Please try again later.
But then it is possible to choose the internet tab again.

So the patch worked for RO, but makes it even more difficult to play DH.

Monk.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Uhhh, it was kinda an emergancy patch to fix an issue that popped up all of a sudden so many people could even play RO. And just as a word of warning if you stick with modding. This kind of situation will happen to you no matter what game you go to unless a public beta of the patch is released first, and even TWI's private beta's have members of the modding community so they can test this sort of thing (however this patch had no beta because once again it was an emergancy fix)

Upvote 0
I was wondering if tripwire is working on something for regular RO like an update to the game, new additions, like being able to use 88,s ,new tanks, new weapons, a change of sounds, nebewerfers, mortors, simulated artilary and not god mode art that were used to.

you guys can make Ro a better game, not sure if ur working on anything, other than the mods that have come out reg RO is still being played.
Theres so much more to the game that can bee fixed, added to, and made to be more exciting again.

thank you for your efforts!

{187th}Gunter

Upvote 0
I was wondering if tripwire is working on something for regular RO like an update to the game, new additions, like being able to use 88,s ,new tanks, new weapons, a change of sounds, nebewerfers, mortors, simulated artilary and not god mode art that were used to.

you guys can make Ro a better game, not sure if ur working on anything, other than the mods that have come out reg RO is still being played.
Theres so much more to the game that can bee fixed, added to, and made to be more exciting again.

thank you for your efforts!

{187th}Gunter

The answer is no there will be no more content updates for RO.

Upvote 0
Don't be, even with an emergency patch communication is crucial, maybe even more crucial.

Monk.

Actually he should be sorry. He went off the deep end and assumed we changed something that broke his mod when in reality RO itself was broken, and his mod team needed to implement the same fix that we did. So yeah a mod member blasting the devs without thinking after they give you lots of lots of behind the scenes support is always a bad idea.

Upvote 0
Never say never, although we're pretty focused on our new game right now.
New Game? what new game?

What I dont get is you got a game here that can be upgraded many times over, theres so many things that you guys can do but arnt doing, some of the mods that have come out have proven this.

I mean you guys could have working mortors, new tanks, any idea you can think of that could be related historically to ostfront you can put in. Also its not like you guys dont have the models already for mortors, 88s, and the russian rocket trucks ( i forget the name sorry) but I think your efforts for a new game is not exactly a smart move,( i could be wong) people are dropping out of RO cuz its gettin stale, and bringing in a new game maybe similar but better could be the same thing in a couple of years, but I am not to say what u guys have cooking or what ur doin.

my plight is, WTF is wrong with what u got already?
Update it.

I do much appreciate what u guys have done in the past.

{187th}Gunter

Upvote 0