• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Patch 1007

Monkwarrior said:
Very good update.
One small advice: the time of release has not been choosen very smart.
It might have to do with internal technical reasons, but releasing it on prime-time for European players (20.00 hours central european time) is not a smart move IMO. Some servers will be updated while most players are still updating etc.
Looking at the other timezones too I suggest releasing it some hours earlier. That way most servers + players can still enjoy playing during the evening. If some TW members have to come out of bed more early because of that then w'll all appreciate "their sacrifice" :)

Greetingz, Monk.

As Alan said, it is usually best for Valve to release Steam updates in the afternoon thier time (PST) since there is a decent amount of work that goes into updating every content server on Earth. We ALREADY gave special consideration to the European fans by having them release the patch at 11am Valve's time. And they were nice enough to do it even though its quite inconvenient for them.

Upvote 0
Proud_God said:
Noice! Love all the changes.
Just one question: does setting motionblur to 'on' in D3D still result in no motionblur and no black-out?

That was fixed in a patch over a month ago. From the changelog from the patch dated 4/11/2006:

- Fixed an exploit where players could have no
both no motion blur and no alternate "blackout"
effect by using certain driver and setting
combinations.

You can read that changelog here:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6018

Cheers :)

Upvote 0
So....

11am PST right? That makes it 7pm UK time (BST).. ?!?

Not that I can play the game, as I only had shoulder surgery 7 days ago and I still can't lift my arm up to use the mouse.

I'll hopefully be making some improvement over the coming days though (lots of Physio and exercises), so may be able to experience the updated game in the near future.

Many thanks Tripwire for the update.... Looks like some extensive work has gone into the job and should significantly benefit the user.

Upvote 0
I just got home last night from a road, trip,(work) and what a nice surprise to come home too! Other than momma of course.She hates when I call her that,ha. Anyways looks like you guys have been busy and I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I, for one appreciate all your hard work.
Thanks and keep it up!

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
Good news, I am eager to try Arad after the patch. I saw the news posted yesterday and thought it was the 22nd yesterday. I had Steam open while I was at work, so I figured it updated. I hoped into Arad, but it was the same...lol :(
Steam needs to be restarted before it sees updates, for the time being. TW might want to change the various news posts to prevent confusion over that...

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
We ALREADY gave special consideration to the European fans by having them release the patch at 11am Valve's time. And they were nice enough to do it even though its quite inconvenient for them.
Good to hear you guyz thought of us.
And nice from Valve to support it too.
Now back to my daughter who's begging for some attention.

Monk.

Upvote 0