• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 as Free2Play

Please, please make it free. Allow it to promote and sell RO2 and other games produced by Tripwire. At least put it into a Humble Bundle and/or for-profit bundle it so that people will buy it by the thousand, and the strength of that one bundle may be enough to keep RO and DH alive for another 5 years.

Please, please make it free for all so RO won't continue to just languish.

Upvote 0
Please make this happen Tripwire!

You'd sell 100s or 1000s of copies of Ro2 in a number of days! There'd be Kotaku and PCgamer headlines saying Ro1 is free, come play a classic, and those who enjoyed Ro1 would of course be interested in Ro2! You'd have tons of sales! You'd have a greater audience for a RO3!

Darkest Hour added even more great value to your awesome original game, and all the servers are hosted by the community, so it's no money out of your pocket on that end.

Please please please please please please pwetty please? I love this game so much that you make a grown man want to beg. Allow it to grow again by making it free!

Upvote 0
Tripwire, please consider doing this. You have nothing to lose from it.

We've been suffering with a total lack of server choices for years, and the 29th are undoubtedly the worst thing to have ever happened to Red Orchestra.

Besides boosting the player base, Free2Play would be like putting RO on display at a museum. It's the last of its kind and it should be preserved as a living example of arguably the greatest FPS ever made.

Don't let it die in the hands of a bunch of protocol fetishist degenerates. RO deserves better than that.

Upvote 0
This is an amazing idea.

Tripwire please release the game as Free2Play. There are a lot of people who loved the original RO, but feel that RO2 is not for them. Nobody is going to purchase a decade old game especially when there is hardly and player base to play the game with. This would revitalize an amazing gem of a game and it would mean the world to your fans, me included.

Upvote 0
Yes, please.

I've played RO since the mod days, etc, etc. I fully support the idea that this game should be free for all to enjoy. I have sunk more hours into RO than any other game I can think of, and I would love to see a surge in the player base to bring me back.

It is a thinking man's game that focuses on teamwork. It's not always nonstop action, and it doesn't have shiny nextgen graphics, but I think it's PERFECT. Time to share it!

Upvote 0
Just a polite and respectful bump! Please Mr. Wilson, if there's any possibility of the game going freeware, we would infinitely appreciate it! There are many players from the old days still booting up Ro1 and Darkest Hour daily, we appreciate the labor you put into the game and want others to see it as well!

Darkest Hour is still getting regular updates, adding stuff like flak trucks, mortars, and even a modified version of the Soviet army, with new Eastern-front maps! Hell, we even made PC gamer! http://www.pcgamer.com/red-orchestras-darkest-hour-mod-gets-another-huge-update/

The vast majority of us would love to see the servers bustling 24/7 with new players! A freeware release would be like a dream come true.

Reactions: Teq
Upvote 0
TWI we started loving you because you where developing RO with love.
Many of us have stayed loyal to RO since 2004!!
DH mod is still alive and is updated frequently. These guys is still updating and maintaining it out of love.
Make RO free to play so we can get more players to play it.
It could be good for business as well you know: They might be interested in trying out your other franchises as well ;)

Upvote 0