• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra in the Press

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Red Orchestra in the Press

For those of you who haven't already spotted it, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is gathering press coverage. The first two big articles are in the Christmas edition of PC Gamer in the UK and in the January issue of PC Gamer in the US. The UK version is in stores now, the US version will be in stores shortly - go buy yourselves a copy! No copies on the forums please - we'll post copies ourselves at some point in the future - but if you want to see them this side of Christmas - buy your own now!

Other articles coming up in the next couple of weeks, that we know of: PC Zone in the UK will be carrying an article on us, due in-stores around the 14th December. Around the same time, we are expecting coverage in "play" magazine in the US, as well as a piece in Computer Gaming World. The "play" piece should show some more good graphical content, while the CGW piece will be focussing more on the details of content of the game.

And, yes, we will be starting to post more media on the site in the next couple of weeks - so keep watching this space :)

Great, I can't wait for more media! If it's not too much to ask, could you make sure that if you only put one new picture up this coming week, it is from the new tank interior? I would love to see how the inside of the Tiger's fighting compartment looks. Hopefully some pictures of guys diving out windows as well!

Upvote 0
vonRas said:
Great news Alan! :) may I post some translated excerpts from those articles at RO.ru or it's an exclusive material?
I'm actually not 100% sure of the legal situation on this: we certainly can't give you permission to post bits from any of the magazines on the site, as we don't own the rights anyway.

I'd guess that the mags won't object to you posting chunks from the articles. The main thrust of any objections are where it would reduce their sales - which I can't imagine posting quotes in Russian will do :) However (disclaimer for legal reasons) - if you should decide to post quotes without permission and they come after you - don't blame me/us !

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
I'm actually not 100% sure of the legal situation on this: we certainly can't give you permission to post bits from any of the magazines on the site, as we don't own the rights anyway.

I'd guess that the mags won't object to you posting chunks from the articles. The main thrust of any objections are where it would reduce their sales - which I can't imagine posting quotes in Russian will do :) However (disclaimer for legal reasons) - if you should decide to post quotes without permission and they come after you - don't blame me/us !

I just got the PC gamer issue with the RO artical in the mail yesterday and whoa! It rocks!

Upvote 0
JCoquillon said:
Just bought pczone uk and they have a full page interview with alan
Yup, they do - page 113, under their "Freeloader" pages. They did the interview before we released the news of Ostfront - they'll be doing a bigger piece or two in the New Year.

Which reminds me: please vote for Red Orchestra in PC Gamer UK's "most wanted" section - email your top 5 most wanted new games to [email protected] - but only if Ostfront is top of your list ;) !

Upvote 0
Here is the english translation of that article:

"Red Orchestra is part of those mods that are so well made that you ask yourself if they're really the work of (work for free?) volunteers. Completely modifying UT2K4, it plunges you in the heart of the second world war, on the eastern front of the conflict. (more...)
Wether you chose to join the infantry, the artillery or the blinded divisions (metaphor for tanks), the immersion is total and immediate, such is the care given to the reconstitution of the combat and environments. All the maps are inspired from historical battles, just like the weapons, which accurately replicate those of the forces in action.The ambiance is of an impressive cridibility. While the 3.3 version should reach the front in the near future, you can already join your camarades, who are only waiting for you to experience this unique mod.

Upvote 0