• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red orchestra in the future...

morbius

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2007
Indianapolis,Indiana
1st,let me say that RO is my favorite game,and that I am grateful to tripwire and all the MOd teams out there that strive to make it better.

lately,I have noticed alot of empty servers on the server lists.I hope that all the upcoming MODs(DH,CC,MN)will revitalize the game so the servers aren't as empty as they seem to be now.

By the way Thanx to DH,CC,and MN for all their hard work.

what I am wondering is when these 3 mods are released,will the OSTFRONT battles suffer? I mean will everyone rush to play the new mods and forget the OSTFRONT maps and battles?

why are the modders not concentrating on the OSTFRONT? there is a whole range of German/Russian armored vehicles that seem to be neglected.

I mean tanks,tank destroyers,assault guns,self-propelled guns,Recon vehicles,the list goes on and on.

having these different vehicles might change the tactics and battles on some of the maps that we play on.It would make for some interesting game play.

don't get me wrong,I am all for these new MODs(I am a CC tester),It's just that the OSTFRONT has so many possibilities that it makes my head spin to think about it.

And it appears that the RO modding comunity is spread thin working on all these projects. If only they would have concentrated on the OSTFRONT,we might have had alot more stuff ingame to play with.

Oh,well, You guys on the modding teams are still doing an excellent job,and I thank all of you for all your hard work.

If I had the skills to help with the modding,I would.But I don't so I can only help by being a tester.

Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! Release The Mods! :(

Upvote 0
I fear it is already too late to save RO and that its future will become that of an elitist game that only die hard fans, like myself, will play and I don't think the future releases of Mods to the game will change anything.
The servers are getting less and less crowded these days and there is less and less of the good quality gamers online that made the game so appealing to me earlier and lately the fun of the game is dwindling due to the high n00b factor and players who don't or can't do team work but instead Rambo's' it which in turn means that those good players that usually is teamworking is themselves forced into Ramboing.

Allthough I still love playing RO I think the problems with less and less players are due to the game itself and its lack of progress and development - after a while you observe all the little things that annoys you and when nothing is done to address these things for various and legitimate reasons, like the limitations caused by the UT engine, you start to look elsewhere to find the gaming pleasure your were looking for and for the moment that gaming pleasure seems to be found in CoD4 or other games.

Upvote 0
well im constantly coming back to ro even though my fav server splat has pretty much died dont know where all the splat regs have gone and more importantly the splat guys:(, however maybe when the new mods get released some might come back provided the mods are of a high enough quality.
And i'd agree to an extent about the high noob factor jeez some of them dont have a clue i mean if 5 of you bunch behind one secion of wall your asking for a well placed nade, and it doesnt seem to make a diference if you point it out to them.
Oh and the fact 24/7 danzig is constantly full says alot about the community:rolleyes:, i mean come on it aint all that i cant understand how players are amused by forever playing danzig with so many awesome maps available:confused:.

Upvote 0
Yes hopefully the mods will bring back some people to the game.I think that one of the problems is that people get tired of waiting and bored with the game. then they go out and get some other game (Like COD4) and once you start a new game ,it's sometimes hard to go back to an old one ,or you play the new one for weeks until you beat it.

If the RO mod community would have stuck together and worked on 1 project at a time ,instead of 3+ mods,then maybe we would have the new material faster which would keep some older RO players interested.

And besides,How many different WW2 Normandy Invasion games does the world really need?I don't mean to sound rude,or ungrateful to DH team and there hard work,but,I think RED Orchestra should stay true to its name ,and be only Eastern front battles from WW2.(I guess we will have to start calling it "Red,White,and Blue Orchestra")

There are plenty of things that could have been modded for the current game that we all play.Vehicles,equipment,small arms, maps,etc.etc.

And there are some Axis minor Partners like Hungary,Romania(Thanks CC),Bulgaria,Finland,and Italy that all had troops fighting the Russians on the Eastern front.
Instead of making Whole new games (DH,MN) they could have worked on this stuff for the Ost Front.

Well honestly,what kills a Great game can sometimes be.."Modders Gone Wild!"

Upvote 0
I'd rather have a full mod than bits and pieces released every-so often..the maps would all be different each time I played, some with this type of tank, some with another, one with this gun, one with the other..it wouldn't catch on and probably hurt the community than help it grow. I also think 3 mod teams is easier to manage separately than 1 huge one covering 3 theatres..it wouldn't see the light of day with so many people involved.

Anyway re. DH being a poor choice of theatre, i've never played a realism game based on DH theatres..who cares if its been done before in arcade format? Yeah the setting might be samey, but the feel of the game will be quite different I think, and as far as I know, there isn't a realism game based on the Normandy landings at all, let alone one with players.

Mods are what will keep this game alive into next year. Theres your standard western front mod (DH), which might attract people to buy just for that mod, ie more US players. Romanian mod (CC), italy/North Africa (MN) and a WW1 mod. Sounds good to me.

Upvote 0
Morbius totally disagree if dh gets it right its gonna bring in/back alot of americans and brits mind you who liked ro but just disliked the fact americans werent in it.
Lets get out of this staying true to the eastern front rubbish most gamers want ww2 games about the brits/americans/germans not hungarians or romanias sorry cc, the selling point in ro for me is not the fact its in eastern front but its realism and gameplay.

Upvote 0
gamers want ww2 games about the brits/americans/germans not hungarians or romanias sorry cc

Totally disagree!

Most mature gamers want to try something different. Especially ww2 buffs!

We want to get our hands on weapons we've never seen or even heard of before because of behemoth developers (EA :rolleyes:) jumping on the 'America won the war' bandwagon!!!

The Mare Nostrum guys are even getting the South Africans involved! Again never seen in a ww2 game. This also educates gamers at the same time, of all the nations involved in the conflict!!!

Not just bleedin Yanks, Brits & Germans battling it out!!

Upvote 0
i guess one of the problems, is always gonna be the fact that everyone likes RO for different reasons,and some like WW2 and everything about its history etc.etc.
I personally like, and am fond of WW2 history and all its facets and complexities.The WW2 video games,are just a bonus to a WW2 hobby that i have had for many many years.I used to be a WW2 Reenacter but now its easier to just play a game like RO and not have to leave the house to enjoy a WW2 type hobby.
And honestly,the same old Brit/ Yank/Kraut Routine is getting old.(I am not suggesting that DH is gonna be like this,as I have yet to play it ,and I want to be fair to the guys doing all the hard work on it)

we all have a fondness for RO,but all of us are also going to have different opinions about it,and each of us will have our own priorities when it comes to playing it.

Upvote 0
Well, if you all ask me, I would say that RO will never die out. As a hardcore RO fan for over 6 years now (gee has it been that long?!), I have seen the ups and downs over the years and am not too shaken by the recent drop in servers.

New games will always come along and take a player base. The truth is, I think alot of people who have switched to COD4 (I have played alot lately myself) will eventually return back to RO. There are things about RO that they can't get in any other shooters, because RO isn't like any other shooter. Ultimately, many great fans of RO that left will return, and with all these fantastic mods releasing, it will only revitalize the game even more.

No worries my friends, RO will live on!

Upvote 0
i got concerned because a lot of my friends and a lot of DH tester dissapeared for about 2 weeks when cod4 came out and bang 2 weeks later here they are back again. Yes player numbers on RO are decreasing but its funny that no online game this yeat ET:QW ne one? CoD4? etc has been the death blow to RO that people were predicting granted by this time next year i think there may be some problems but i think we have probably a good 6 months left in us yet.

Upvote 0
Totally disagree!

Most mature gamers want to try something different. Especially ww2 buffs!

We want to get our hands on weapons we've never seen or even heard of before because of behemoth developers (EA :rolleyes:) jumping on the 'America won the war' bandwagon!!!

The Mare Nostrum guys are even getting the South Africans involved! Again never seen in a ww2 game. This also educates gamers at the same time, of all the nations involved in the conflict!!!

Not just bleedin Yanks, Brits & Germans battling it out!!

Agreed wholeheartedly! Us "mature" gamers, in love with the Red Orchestra concept of the Eastern Front want more of it. The East Front was where World War 2 was really fought, it was where 12 million (or more) soldiers were killed in action alone fighting for survival of their very nations. Not where HOllywood has given us to believe that the US actually came in to win the war. In fact, the US and Britain combined in Europe only lost about 250,000 killed in action. The Soviets lost nearly 8.5 MILLION killed in action. I think that poster who suggested that the RO community wants American and British combat has absolutely NO clue as to the true scope of the Eastern front and why this game, representing that was so incredible to those history buffs, FPS lovers, and tactica/realism players who gravitated towards it.
Granted, it has been far too long since the last update and word is desperately needed about the next Tripwire project before too much of the community has bled away....but RO has so far been the best game yet for the market it was designed for.
p.s. When is the next Tripwire game coming and what will it be?

Upvote 0
I don't know about anyone else but i like the fact that there are fewer servers. I'd say it's only the slightly more dedicated players who have taken the time to learn tactics and the strengths and weaknesses of the weapons. They're the ones who have stayed

I'd say the future of RO is bright, but with less people.

I see far fewer exploits these days and far fewer nub TKers who got bored sucking at the game so just killed there own team.

Also if you're worried about the state of play why not join a clan or a tournament such as Iron Crescendo?

You will get great teamplay here and weekly organised games, not to mention impromptu scrims and pub play.

My favourite mod (the one i'm looking forward to most) will be CC. I've never ever played game on the Romaninian army. I'm really excited to try out all these early war scenarious and early war maps.

All the big titles focus on Tiger, Panthers and bastogne! I personally am bored of that.

Despite this i'm ALSo excited about DH as it will bring a breath of fresh air to the monotony of dog green. With realistic armour and weapons. Plus a hell of alot more teamwork.

Don't be so Pessimistic everyone! It's going to be frickin' awesome!

Just be patient, have the same fun you've been having for the past year and a half!

(just stay away from danzig)

Last edited:
Upvote 0