• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra habits

Pinecone

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2006
What are some habits that you have when playing RO? For me, whenever l'm taking a very difficult shot l take deep breaths and fire at the hight of my inhalation. If l see a lot of people out in the open and lm firing rapidly (With my bolt action, of course) l say phrases that help me focus. l don't speak out loud, l just think to myself "There's an eagle on the edge of this rifle, and it flies". l know it's weird but it helps a ton.

I useally allways say like "you are sooo dead now" if someone misses a shot at me. Sometimes i just think it, sometimes i really say it. Same goes the other way around..."iam sooooo dead"...i found out that until 4 beers RO works fine..till the 6th it sucks and after the 7ths it works fine again. :D

mhhh habits...maybe bad sleeping habits but thats all...:cool:

Upvote 0
The Red Orchestra Procedure

At Game Start

1. Start up game.
  2. Turn off all lights, turn off 2nd monitor, and turn up the brightness on my G15 keyboard.
  3. Crank up the surround system to "11", otherwise known as "the walls are vibrating like a T-34 with three unbalanced road wheels".
  4. While loading, hum a Soviet war song or two. "Lyzaveta" and "The Seeing off of Vanya" are both nice ones.
  5. Browse for server with any-map-but-BaksanValley and load up.
At Map Start
  1. Choose a player class, preferrably anything but strelok or rifleman (I'm a shameless student of the "spray and pray skool of war")
  2. Immediately fix bayonet (better to go with than without!)
  3. Check player list to see if there's anyone to give a shout-out.
  4. Look at map, get a feel for the "sitya-ashun" and see how badly my side is losing.
  5. Go charging into the battlefield with zero regard for my avatar's life.
  6. Hole up somewhere, preferably with cover and a pretty Latvian masseuse (lying prone makes my legs stiff).
  7. Shoot at something til it doesn't need to be shot anymore (throw enough 7.62x54R rounds at a target and it'll eventually go down).
  8. Die horribly, usually by subtle means such as an artillery barrage or a 75mm high explosive shell to the neck.
  9. Rinse.
  10. Repeat.

Upvote 0