• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra adds Steamworks

Cool, I leave this community for a year or so, come back to see a couple of much needed updates to the out-dated systems the also out-dated unreal engine is using and it's a whingefest.

I've had a good read of every developer post here, and I agree with them in this case, If the UT master server is crap and expensive to keep operating shut it down!

And to those who pull out the "i paid for this i want this this and that" peoples remember you did pay for it (not very much mind you, cheap game) and you've got it, had it, for a long time, recieved patches, maps, all along the line too.

I think it's fantastic Tripwire are integrating with Steam better, It can only cause damage to be sitting on old school UT hardware forever.

Upvote 0
I got this game since 2006 and everything just fine until I installed this patch, I encounter numberless problems including:

1. lags
  2. connection broken while playing
  3. pop out to window while playing
  4. cannot get into new map after a round is ended
  5. Computer freezes
(My system:p4 2.4 overclock to 3.1, 1G Ram, 2600XT 256m DDR3)
I almost quit.:D

Upvote 0
Bug since update

Bug since update

Hi,

For thoses that read my previous message on page 9 i think :

Al the slow motion problem are gone from a day to another without me doing anything to solve it ... but now its gotten worst :eek::

for exemple yesterday i couldn t connect or i mean i get into a server, i choose a type of soldier and "all freeze" . Sometimes i can play like 20 seconds and then all freeze like the game dosent crash, i can still move and all but i am not connected to server anymore.

My internet connexion works more than fine on any other game ( 2 Mb ) and tried to test my internet speed meanwhile i had this bug on RO and i have 1.700 down and 220 up with no micro cut.
I dont understand, i tried to cut firewall and Kapersky but same S**t.

i guess i ll have to write to steam support again and no match for at least 1 month for me...
Great update ( for me at least :mad:)

If anyone has same problem , i d like to know if its comes form my computer or from STEAM or RO...

Upvote 0
The steam server browser sucks big time. When will steam fix it? I can't get an answer from them. My server does not show up in their server browser most of the time. I have to refresh 4 or 5 times before it shows up. Sometimes it never shows. Everytime you refresh you get a different list and a different number of servers.

Yes I have turned off AV, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Filtered by RO only, All, All for location and even tried locations.

Piece of crap in my opinion.

Upvote 0
The steam server browser sucks big time. When will steam fix it? I can't get an answer from them. My server does not show up in their server browser most of the time. I have to refresh 4 or 5 times before it shows up. Sometimes it never shows. Everytime you refresh you get a different list and a different number of servers.

Yes I have turned off AV, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Filtered by RO only, All, All for location and even tried locations.

Piece of crap in my opinion.
4 or 5 refreshes and you have an issue with that? That isn't long at all.

Upvote 0
When you open the steam server browser there are 2 buttons at the bottom right, one is "quick refresh" the other is "refresh all".
As I type I just checked it and it gave me one server, I clicked refresh all and it gave me 4. Piece of crap.
Unless you click "refresh all" it'll only give you a refresh of the servers it initially found. It's not a piece of crap because of this. That is quite the stretch of a comment.

Upvote 0
Unless you click "refresh all" it'll only give you a refresh of the servers it initially found. It's not a piece of crap because of this. That is quite the stretch of a comment.

I have tried the refresh all. If you read my other posts I have tried it every conceivable way. I have never gotten a consistant number of servers. NO MATTER HOW I DO IT. The other problem is that some servers show up and others don't. Sometimes I have to refresh 4 or 5 times to get my server to show up. PIECE OF CRAP. As I said, I just did it again and it gave me 23 servers, refreshed and I got 38, refreshed and I got 54 and my server came up after 3 tries. PIECE OF CRAP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0