• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Incoming - September 19

Pro-tip: Get what you are supossed to for your money.
you mean like paying 50 bucks for bfbc2 only to have tons of people be unable to play because of some issue with the servers and punkbuster?

Or the two-three weeks of major server lag that followed when EA/Dice patched for the PBB issue?

Or perhaps you're talking about paying 50 bucks for modern warfare 2 only to have it ruined by the javiln glitch that was in the game for a month before devs even acknowledged it existed and still took another few weeks before they patched it.

RO2 has been running fine for most people since day 1, you should just be glad TWI cares so much about the minority that they would spend as much time as they are trying to fix the game for everyone.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can we have a fix for stats not working for none TWI servers please.

Also a buff of PPSH

And a buff for all MG's. With the ammount of current recoil MG's are pretty useless over 100m, which is funny when the MG34 sight range starts at 200m. Don't give me this crud about single shot BS, if I see a group of rusikes running accross me at 150m I shuold be able to mow them down in 1 prolonged burst, not resort to single shot & hope I can pick off a few.

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
Can we have a fix for stats not working for none TWI servers please.

Also a buff of PPSH

And a buff for all MG's. With the ammount of current recoil MG's are pretty useless over 100m, which is funny when the MG34 sight range starts at 200m. Don't give me this crud about single shot BS, if I see a group of rusikes running accross me at 150m I shuold be able to mow them down in 1 prolonged burst, not resort to single shot & hope I can pick off a few.

Ummm you can use burst fire and take out players beyond 100m range pretty regularly.

Upvote 0
There was a thread in the suggestion forum about informing what those patches are actually doing, now there's a 500Mb, relatively large patch downloading, may we please know what it means? are there any substantial changes? and new settings worth checking out? some balance issues we may see solved? it sucks guessing what will change next all the time...

Thank you TW!
And really, thanks for all the hard work and constant patching and updating, the game is superb! :IS2:

It would help if you looked a bit harder for the patch notes.;)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=65953

Yesterday, 04:19 PM
An update for Red Orchestra 2 will be released shortly.

Bug Fixes
-Fixed a bug where players could spawn without a class
-Fixed a bug with auto reloading when using a manual bolt rifle
-Minor performance improvements

Level/Gameplay Fixes
Pavlov's House
-Added wall to block line of sight to one of the Allied tank spawns
-Allies now correctly get a forward spawn when capturing Zab's House
-German spawn protection was toned down to prevent Allied attackers in inside of the Voyentorg from being killed by spawn protection when objectives changed hands

Commissar's House
-Gave Allies 40 more reinforcements
-Default Allied spawn in more directly in line with Building 81
-Moved one of the initial Axis spawns back further from the Water Refinery
-Increased spawn protection and no artillery volumes for Allies
-Various cover fixes

Upvote 0
I played few Commissar's house today and it was intense! Lot of Axis players were thrown off by the changes, and I think sudden success on that map threw lot of Allies players as well! Lot of zones switched owners couple times in single round. Battle was unpredictable, action tempo was high.

Excellent map to play from both sides~

Upvote 0
It's not about what it does for me.

I don't understand why adding some walls to maps is worth 500MB. You could download whole games for less than that, like Quake 3.
It's the way the Unreal 3 engine handles files that makes them bigger, that's why during the beta we were getting 1.2 GB patches that should of only been around 500 mb

Everyone,

To be quite frank with you it has taken us a little longer than usual to get an update out post launch. Without going into the boring technical details, the patching functionality built into UE3 is heavily geared toward consoles. So we've struggled a bit working out how to properly do patches on the PC, without requiring a massive download. Anyone in the beta remembers that every update for the beta was fairly large, and this is the reason why. We had thought we had all of this worked out before the final release, but that was not the case.

So rather than saddle you all with a multi-gig download for a small code patch, we've been slaving away on the patching system to get this issue resolved. Fortunately, it looks like we've finally cracked this issue, and will be able to deliver code patches to you all now without requiring overly large downloads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0