• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Reinforcement Update - 2.0.0.20

I just updated the Aussie / NZ servers. One the main one players are getting the error when joining.

"You cannot join the match because the host has downloadable content you do not".

However for the second server with a similar set up there are no problems.

Both are running similar mutators. Tested with Apartments. Any ideas guys ?

UPDATE - I just reinstalled and it is working. No idea why that one was not updating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Removed force walk when firing an MG

Most of them I'm excited for, but this one puzzles me. Why?

I didn't realize I was playing this game:

1618847-rambo_17_04_2006.jpg

Upvote 0
Some RO maps could also see some changes (Fallen / Pavlovs )

Ditto here. I actually kind of like Fallen, but it has become a little tilted towards Russians now that people have figured out how easy it is to pop the armor on the German tank.

Apartments is dreadfully one sided these days. It was good (but maybe slightly favored Germans) when it first launched, but at some point it was over-balanced, and now Germans due to spawn times and distances to run don't stand a chance to defend it, if the Russian team knows at all what they are doing.

Reverting to a previous Apartments version would be a good thing, or re-balancing it again.

We could REALLY use a fix to the German tank though. If you shoot in just the right spot, it is WAY too vulnerable. There must be some bug in the model, as the area really has more armor than that.

Upvote 0
The tweaks to MG accuracy are quite noticeable.

As someone who plays this role a lot I found the change frustrating. I appreciate that you are trying to improve balance, but I think you erred too far on this one - dial it back a bit?

I've gone from killing an enemy with a burst of 3 or 4 shots at 100 to 150 meters to taking 15 to 25 shots to make the same kill...

Onthe plus side - thanks for the new map, and supporting the game - much appreciated!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, but still, there remains the bug with stopping the reloading for all the guns as like MP 40, SVT 40 you fire and are in the loading animation, you can't stop it to fire at the enemy if they come nearby, also the G41 can't stop to only load half magazine. And you can't go with a grenade that has a pulled pin into cover. Also the inventory and communication system could be updated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The tweaks to MG accuracy are quite noticeable.

As someone who plays this role a lot I found the change frustrating. I appreciate that you are trying to improve balance, but I think you erred too far on this one - dial it back a bit?

I've gone from killing an enemy with a burst of 3 or 4 shots at 100 to 150 meters to taking 15 to 25 shots to make the same kill...

Onthe plus side - thanks for the new map, and supporting the game - much appreciated!!

I play the class a lot too, but I didn't really notice much of a difference, probably because I usually only play it on defensive maps, and when I do, I am always firing it while prone and deployed or mounted.

The only times I ever hip fire MG's is if I stumble across a surprise opponent on the way to my spot where I am setting up.

Upvote 0
I should clarify - I meant that when prone the accuracy has decreased noticeably. I wasn't meaning I could kill enemies at 150 meters whilst walking - I can't hit the side of a barn door doing that!

Previously when prone, or with the MG mounted on a surface, I could get kills at 100 to 150 meters with short bursts. Now it takes significantly longer bursts to get the same effect...

Upvote 0