• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Reinforcement Update - 2.0.0.20

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Spoiler!

We are pushing live an updated to Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm with the following changes:

(NOTE TO SERVER ADMINS: Update the following APPID to also download the map - app_update 324890 validate )

Other changes:
    • Fixed kick voting
    • Fixed team selection locking up when a player swaps from spectating one team, to playing for the other
    • Fixed single bullet reload interruption having major sync issues in online play
    • Fixed edge case where pump action shotguns could sometimes reload more shells than they actually had
    • Fixed Battlefield Commission scene being badly broken in Eyefinity
    • Fixed burning players being unable to see themselves on fire
    • Updated C96 pistol sound references to use the correct sounds, not the ppsh sounds.
    • Tweaked recoil values of all machine guns to increase difficulty of shooting accurately
    • Removed force walk when firing an MG

Why ? Why make a broken mechanic even worse ?

We made changes to how MG's handle on the move. There is now significantly more recoil when attempting to shoot while moving, and players can choose to walk (with some increased recoil as well).

In a panic at close range it may help, at medium to long range it should no longer be a weapon to sweep the field with.

Upvote 0
    So it will be even more viable for people to rambo like lunatics with MGs? Great .... this should be quite entertaining to watch.

Internal testing has shown otherwise so far which is why we rolled it out. As a group everybody seems to be ignoring the other change:

• Tweaked recoil values of all machine guns to increase difficulty of shooting accurately

Which has been a community request. We may need to make tweaks and changes however as the community has a way of playing with more styles than we do in the office.

Upvote 0
    I do not understand how to get the map. I downloaded the community maps, but it doesn't show up when I check it under Workshop content in game.

I am also unable to see anything in DLC/beta tab for the both programs (Rising Storm/RO2 or Community maps).

What exactly does need to be done if one only has the Rising Storm/RO2 entry in Steam?

Edit: I did get Demyansk from the Community maps in my file system.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    In a panic at close range it may help

This is primary problem with LMG ramboing. Because machinegunners can go from moving to hipfiring the lmg as fast as smg players, thereby making it the most efficient assault weapon on close range maps (because of the extra suppression caused by the lmgs as opposed to smgs).

I hope this patch has taken this problem into account.

Upvote 0
    This is primary problem with LMG ramboing. Because machinegunners can go from moving to hipfiring the lmg as fast as smg players, thereby making it the most efficient assault weapon on close range maps (because of the extra suppression caused by the lmgs as opposed to smgs).

I hope this patch has taken this problem into account.

Machineguns are most efficient weapons in battle :eek:

You dont say....

Some roles are more efficient and it is really that simple.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    :)

A lot of folks have expressed a wish over the years for the ability to acquire beta maps in packs. The enjoyment and distribution of beta maps has always been a "big deal" to me. My fondest wish would be to see selected map packs like this released periodically. This would certainly go miles to solve the problem of "psychological download reluctance syndrome." I for one hope that TWI will do more of this sort of support going forward. It's a win-win.

Upvote 0