• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think that getting rid of the lock down timer would help balance maps by letting the sides get a change to fight it out, and allow the Allies to get up close where they have the advantage. While also allowing the axis to use their distance advantage.

Even if this is not a game change, I believe that this will be a change that many mappers are going to change. I know mappers in the 305ID plan on taking off the lock down timers on the maps as soon as we get the chance. So be patient, there will be user made fixes to balance problems soon enough.

Upvote 0
+1 to Commissar's House. Somehow the Germans seem to be able to take the Water Purifier Factory before the Russians even make it out of their spawn. And then the tank pulls up and is dropping HEs right into the spawn point, blowing up AT Riflemen and Engineers before they can even move. If you go right out of the building, you're getting sniped from B1. If you go left, you're getting sniped from Germans on the left side of the Water Purifier Factory. If you go straight, you're just dead.

Other than Pavlov's House, it's the only map where I've seen Germans and their tanks literally pull right up the enemy spawn point and kill with impunity.

RO2 is full of intentionally unbalanced maps because they're emulating scenarios instead of 100% balanced fights. Which I'm ok with. It's just on a few of the maps, they didn't put enough controls in so Russians can at least get out of their spawn.

Compared to Grain Elevator, which is the German version of Commissar's House, the Russians still have to shoot a good 200 meters down into their spawn to kill anyone from the Grain Elevator. That's a far cry from sitting in the Water Purification Factory and lobbing grenades directly into the Russian spawn from behind a wall, or letting the AI tank gunners snipe. The fact Panzers get AI gunners and the T34s do not is just kind of absurd, no matter how it's supposed to reflect superior German training. It's like having an aimbot at your side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grain elevator is fine, just attack the concrete blockhouse to the east of A before you attack B. It's suicide pushing B directly from A but it's much much easier and feasible with public players to attack from the south. After B the rest is just a grind.

On our server, Axis win a little over half the time on Grain Elevator, rarely lose Station nor Sturmnovika, which I believe are the 3 axis attack maps. Meanwhile Allies simply get raped on all their attack maps.

Upvote 0
What's the problem Ivan? Tiered of the war?

The Nagant is better than the 98k imo, better bayo it seems.
The PPSH is better in close quarters than the MP40. (get up and close)
They have the STV40 which is the true nemesis of the german team. (insanely good rifle) Better at long range and close range than the G41 (IMO)

I think its a question of players and team balance.
I suppose its just better players on axis when you have been playing? =)
Was playing today, faceing this CPC clan. they munched us up as russians pritty badly!

Red october is difficult for attackers, as all other maps you attack on (think grainlift) But if they support their tanks with infantry. Use artillery well they blitz through the factories easily.

But then we have Commisars house.. This one is just horrible for russians.
Through beta ive seen one russian victory here. And that was because of really really good tanking. Then again, the meatgrinder outside the first objective is just nuts!

Upvote 0
Been playing station for over an hour today on the German side, and we litterally got raped. We couldn't even take the first houses, we only managed to capture the first objective outside at the rail line.

On other days it's the complete opposite, and we move up and capture the first objectives quick.

Just goes to prove that sometimes one team is made up mostly of better players than the other, and that it is this that mostly tips the balance.

Upvote 0
!

I don't find this at all, one 9mm bullet to the chest kills, The ability to just hold the trigger with no need to compensate for recoil is just superior, even when hip shooting.

Make that 5 to 6 ;)

At the beginning of the battle the Germans had 100,000 more men. The Soviets really only enjoyed massive numerical superiority in the encirclement attacks, against the Romanians and Italians. But I suppose this doesn't tie in with the German super soldier myth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's just the community, like every WW2 game RO attracts more than it's share of SS/Wehrmacht/Nazi fanboys who always pick German. It's been that way since RO was a mod for UT2003 and it will never change, just go through the forums and count the black and white German soldier avatars/signatures, then groan and facepalm as needed.

So what you have now in RO2 is a lot of experienced players who will almost only ever pick German. It's why you almost always see the German side stacked if a server isn't enforcing balanced team numbers.

This is exactly it.

For whatever reason, there's a heavy preference for playing german from the player base.

Even with auto balancing, if you have 16 vs 15 players, or 32 vs 31, inevitably its the germans who get the extra guy, which means statistically over the long term we should see a disbalance just from that, let alone servers that dont autobalance, and the fact a lot of hardcore clan guys are hardcore into realism and roleplaying focussed on germans.

Upvote 0
At the beginning of the battle the Germans had 100,000 more men. The Soviets really only enjoyed massive numerical superiority in the encirclement attacks, against the Romanians and Italians. But I suppose this doesn't tie in with the German super soldier myth.

I wasn't really attempting to make any side look worse than the other I must admit, I was just pointing out the average for the whole war, and not just Stalingrad ;)

That having been said at the very start of the battle for Stalingrad the Axis did enjoy a numerical advantage on this particular battlefield, but the situation very soon reversed during the course of the battle, esp. when counting in the huge number of Soviet militias fighting against the Germans inside and around the city. Many people often fail to realize that a very large portion of the Soviet armed resistance was made up of unlisted soldiers or militiamen not accounted for in any of the official government statistics as a fighting force. As such it is no surprised that they keep digging up thousands of bodies in Russia which are completely unaccounted for in any of the official death toll records.

Also the Germans inside the cauldron were definitely massively outnumbered during the time of the Soviet counter offensive, they were just not as poorly equipped as their Italian & Romanian allies. And the Soviets knew this very well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's just the community, like every WW2 game RO attracts more than it's share of SS/Wehrmacht/Nazi fanboys who always pick German. It's been that way since RO was a mod for UT2003 and it will never change, just go through the forums and count the black and white German soldier avatars/signatures, then groan and facepalm as needed.

So what you have now in RO2 is a lot of experienced players who will almost only ever pick German. It's why you almost always see the German side stacked if a server isn't enforcing balanced team numbers.

its not fair to insinuate that preferring the german side is somehow bad, people here have been posting strange comments attacking players who choose to play on the wehrmacht team as if playing chiefly on the soviet team in the game somehow makes one more mature

Upvote 0
Another example of map imbalance, on Fallen Fighters why don't Allies also get a sewer that leads directly to the enemy spawn? To take the equivalent route that Axis have (via sewers), Allies instead have to run in the open, hugging as close to the wall as possible to avoid the the aimbot Axis hull turrets.

Upvote 0
PPSh-41 is highly dulled in closest range in RO2. As shown in my previous thread here: [URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58674[/URL]

It is simply because PPSh lost its ability to shoot accurately in hipshooting. When at a close range like within 5 meters, MP40's accurate hipshooting can very easily outgun PPSh, as well as the G41 or even Kar98K, because the 1st hipshooting bullet is far more accurate for those fascist guns than PPSh's. Although PPSh shoots faster and have more bullets (with drum mag), it can not hit the fascist with its first several bullets, while the MP40 or G41 can do that, they hipshoot like they have a crosshair on the screen.

As a dedicated PPSh user in RO1, I have to give up this closest range fight in RO2, which is supposed to be the most advantage range for it in Real Life. Now I have to back up in mid range and avoid any close contact with MP40 or G41, or just say, run away from them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys keep getting lost
the subject is maps
not weapons ,teams
but simply the way a map is lay out:eek:

if you cant read the maps and see were the weakness are
you most not know how to play very well
OR you can read the maps and like playing for the Germans

Personal i play mostly Germans
but i still can see where they are unbalanced

Upvote 0