• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite often notice that levels often favour the axis (I play both, but mostly russians as I pick lowest player count). Would it be possible to switch sides after a round, like countdown? Most battles were back and forth so I don't see a problem with it.

Other than maps I think the differences are too small to make much of a difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Station is sometimes very easy for Germans and you can blaze through it. Then again, I had one match where we had trouble getting the first cap zone because the Russians had some experienced players who knew to attack the far right of the zone.

Yep if you know where they are ost likly come from you can set up a good defence with you have good chances....played with my clan on station oce and denied the germans even the first capzone for 5 rounds

Upvote 0
That argument is no longer valid with the introduction of Crossfire and Countdown modes. Also, in Territory, you can't say that ALL maps favor the Germans...

I figured we were talking about territory...you know, the gamemode that is played 95% of the time? (and its firefight)

And I never said ALL maps favor the germans. But I can tell you a few of them where the germans can waltz their pz4 right up the spawn buildings and where germans have a clear sight of russian spawn. Add in some maps the russians have to run across open terrain after spawning...and it's a bloodbath. I haven't seen this to be the case for Russians except maybe grain elevator.

Upvote 0
For the most part I've seen teams fail simply because they don't realize they have to be in the actual capzone to block the cap. Often I'll see but a few of the team actually near the caps, because the rest are busy trying to be lonewolves. The way I see it is, that it isn't so much a flaw in the level design, but once players actually know how to play RO they will fair better. There were plenty of times in RO1 that a map might seem unbalanced simply because one team know exactly what to do, and they didn't lose momentum.

There are some questionable map design elements, such as the resupply point in the middle of 9th January Square that German tanks like to camp to spawnkill while being almost invulnerable. Other than some small details like that I don't think the maps are unbalanced. Another aspect that not everyone has learned yet is that different maps have different victory conditions, some maps you can defend successfully if you have one zone left, others you need 50% zones, other maps you need to rush because of lockdown.

Upvote 0
well, my first impression is something is amiss. Played a lot of Ro1, and sure on attacking maps Russians always needed to have their...stuff...together to win..but it's wasn't impossible especially when the axis made tactical mistakes. Ro2 gives me the feeling like some of the maps just are too hard for the ruskies. German players really know it too...and literally chant in map voting for Commissar's house. I feel like you have to be an Olympic track star to win on that map...lots and lots of running, then getting shot, then running again. Axis seem to be RIGHT there all the time, like somebody air dropped them (maybe we're fighting the FJ's all the time).

Upvote 0
It's easier for Axis to win almost every map.

You guys keep talking , but did YOU actually played the game ? Just try by yourself, join allies, fight hard and loose. For the next map you change to axis, sit down, and wait for the easy win.

Sometimes allies win, but it's not because maps are well balanced, it's just because allies team was way better than axis. It's not because people are still learning how to play the game that axis win most of the games, it's because people are still learning that sometimes, by chance, allies win.

A lot of player only join axis .... why ?
It's not because the more experienced players join axis that axis is op, it's because axis is op that lamers join it.

We don't care about WWII, how unfair fights were and all this ****. RO2 is a game, a FPS, if you're fated to loose once you join a side then it sucks.
You guys should change game, you can try Wow, there you can get stuff and level up your character.
FPS should be about skill, the stronger win in a fair fight.

But yeah, you guys are right, let just be fanboys. Don't change anything, everything is perfect, in a few weeks game will be one-sided axis raping allies ( if anyone dares joining allies of course .... )

Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
Agree completely with the OP, almost all the maps give a mechanical advantage to Axis. Teamwise the only imbalance are the axis tanks which are overwhelmingly superior to T-34s which is kind of a big deal (because of insanely accurate coaxial AI) but not even close to the biggest offender which is map imbalance. It's not even a matter of having a better team, the maps are problematic such that all else being equal (team skill, etc.) Axis will win most of the time on most of the maps because the mechanical/structural advantages given to Axis is so utterly egregious. I'm speaking from my experience playing all through Beta for more hours than I'm embarrassed to say (exclusively on 64 player servers) as well as the general consensus of 60+ off-site forum players I play with regularly)

Station: Allied spawns are too far back, once Axis have taken A B and C, it generally becomes a rout. Shape of map funnels Axis into a concentrated mass that advances together while Allies are forced to arrive piecemeal or else lose caps immediately.

Grain Elevator: No complaints.

Fallen Fighters: T-34 strengths are useless on this map, so they can't attack offensively. Panzers can approach uncontested to sit on C and mow down any allied coming out of spawn with aimbot coaxials.

Spartanovka: Allied spawns are too far back, can rarely recapture a point taken. Point system favors Axis, so if Axis win just one round, they generally have enough points to win the entire match.

Apartments: Obscenely Axis favored. Far western route is impossible for Allies, meaning only two options to capture Propaganda (across courtyard from center or via cellar) both which give the advantage to Axis to defend. Virtually impossible to flank Park so major major advantage to defending Axis.

Commissar's House: This map is a joke. Only one route to cap points which are small so Axis artillery can completely shut down a push AND land artillery right on or outside of spawn. Axis tanks can either hang back in D and snipe with coaxial and HE on Allied spawns or drive up to the mouth of Allied spawns unchallenged. Virtually no cover for allies to push through to cap the first points. Lockdown timers are absurdly short so if by some miracle Allies advance past A and B, they'll run out of time for E. The map is actually fun past A and B, but 90% of the time it's a slaughterfest with Axis infantry running up to allied spawn because they can.

Red October Factory: No complaints other than T-34 inferiority which is still a big factor because of the pinpoint accurate coaxial.

Barracks: No Complaints.

Pavlov's House: Up there with Commissar's and Apartments for most imbalanced. Allied spawns and pathways from buliding to building are entirely exposed to Axis tanks in the C field, while Axis have row upon row of buildings and wrecks for cover (nevermind that the T-34s can never get that far out into the field without being destroyed by Panzers). Zab's House is a Allied slaughterhouse to hold because the exposed side faces a forest of cover from Axis to shoot from to cover assaults while Allies get no such benefits. Axis Commanders can call artillery on virtually any part of the map while Allied are effectively restricted to the North side of Zabs and the field. Axis also get a direct and unexposed route into Pavlov's House to disrupt behind enemy lines or to cap; there is no such equivalent approach to reach the Axis base. I have never seen Allies win on this map and usually their reinforcement deficit exceeds 100.

Gumrak: I don't play Gumrak.

So of the available maps, 7 arguably favor Axis, 3 of which overwhelmingly favor Axis-side (Pavlov's, Commissar's, and Apartments). I'm at the point where, if I want to shoot fish in a barrel, I play Axis. If I want to endure a "challenge" I play Allies. Please Tripwire, fix this.

I pointed this out in beta
I said it was about 40/60
Just from looking at the maps
NOw i played more i would say 30/70 just from map lay outs
We are not talking about players skill just the map themselves

Upvote 0
Some maps are slightly unbalanced but it goes both ways, some towards germans and some towards soviets.. however i do think the fact that you have Lenin as avatar and sig might have something to do with your urge of communist victory.
I only play the Red Army, since RO the UT2K4 Mod. So this is about my lossing games for the whole day. While, of course, I have won a couple of rounds also, but too few compared to lost rounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://i.imgur.com/hLpBd.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/CIAu4.jpg

Telling you man, Axis tank is EZ mode. T-34s don't stand a chance, I can pen their gunner first shot and do it over and over while T-34s have to get extremely lucky to pen my gunner. A single side shot from a PzIV will blow up a T-34. Meanwhile the T-34 has to break my front armor down to pen which takes a ridiculous amount of shots. I took down 5 T-34s with one PzIV life simply trading shot for shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.