• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Recruiting: Clanfec - [FeC]

xcalibur

Jan 24, 2010
Hello KF community. Some of you might know FeC from our vast number of highly popular kf servers. We've been ranked #1 for a very long time. We will be supporting kf2 with servers as we have done previously. We're also recruiting for this game to have a huge community and our goal is to have around 20+ servers. Join us on our quest to make FeC in kf2 a success.

Teamspeak 3: voice.clanfec.com

Join FeC by visiting - http://www.joinfec.com

Are you renting every single server or do you have root servers running? Also as far as I know Teamspeak is more expensive than Mumble where there's not much difference as far as I experienced it. The permissions tree in Teamspeak is more complex which also has it's positives but that's probably the main difference and maybe the sound a little bit. But I guess if you're aiming to have that many servers it might be a good idea to think about it.

Upvote 0
FeC doesn't rent servers. We own all that we host including teamspeak 3. We are a licensed hosting provider. Yes, TS3 costs but its far better in our opinion then mumble. We get a good rate on it since we don't rent and own our own license to host ts3 servers.

Anywho, I'm exited for this game and I hope to see more people being the same. We will continue KF server support until KF2 dedicated server files are released. We will then move our resources over to kf2.

Upvote 0
FeC doesn't rent servers. We own all that we host including teamspeak 3. We are a licensed hosting provider. Yes, TS3 costs but its far better in our opinion then mumble. We get a good rate on it since we don't rent and own our own license to host ts3 servers.

Anywho, I'm exited for this game and I hope to see more people being the same. We will continue KF server support until KF2 dedicated server files are released. We will then move our resources over to kf2.

Why do you think it's far better? I don't want to offend you. I'm just curious.

Upvote 0
Because the permission system is very extensive and it allows for many options. It allows for much better customizations using permissions and server groups and channels. Mumble is great, Im not discounting it. Ive heard great things about mumble like low latency, ability to so codec via users and many other things. Ive moved voips before. I might make a new mumble and see how far its come but i do require a great permission system.

On a side note since this is a recruitment thread, you can email me further about this topic by going to clanfec.com and under support and suggestions filling out a suggestions ticket on your thoughts about mumble and teamspeak. Id like to hear anyone thoughts about this or anything else you can think of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because the permission system is very extensive and it allows for many options. It allows for much better customizations using permissions and server groups and channels. Mumble is great, Im not discounting it. Ive heard great things about mumble like low latency, ability to so codec via users and many other things. Ive moved voips before. I might make a new mumble and see how far its come but i do require a great permission system.

On a side note since this is a recruitment thread, you can email me further about this topic by going to clanfec.com and under support and suggestions filling out a suggestions ticket on your thoughts about mumble and teamspeak. Id like to hear anyone thoughts about this or anything else you can think of.
I've admin on a mumble server I frequent, if you'd like we could RDP and I could give you a tour of the server admin features.

Upvote 0